Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Approved but LOC and Chase Applications Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Approved but LOC and Chase Applications Denied

Hi Everyone, I applied for a Discover card, a LoC, and a Chase card (Chase 96% approval odds.) I got the Discover card but was denied a LoC and the Chase card because of my utilization rate. I looked at my most recent credit report and see that there are 19 accounts reporting incorrect balances. Most of those accounts have been paid off. I did report to both TU (the most inaccuracies) and Exp back in November but they have not yet been updated. How long would you wait before contacting the credit reporting agencies again? I have a 97% approval odds for Amex but am afraid to apply now. Anyone have suggestions? I don't need the Amex card, but a LoC with a decent interest rate would be good to have. Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Application Denied

@Anonymous Where are you getting these approval odds from?

Message 2 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Discover approval!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

MaizeandBlue - I believe it was Nerdwallet and Creditcards.com or Credit Karma.

Message 4 of 15
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

They are just marketing sites, their approval odds unfortunately don't amount to anything.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would suggest that you ignore the credit card recommendations/offers on those websites.  They are all in the business of generating revenue through affiliate fees from credit card issuers so they have every incentive to try to persuade you to apply for card(s).  Approval odds from third-party websites are essentially meaningless; if you want to know your actual odds of approval go directly to a lender's website and complete the pre-qualification.  You can find Chase's pre-qualification page here:  chase.com/prequalified

Amex is here:  https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/check-for-offers/

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

MaizeandBlue - Thanks for the info!

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Discover IT approval!

Message 8 of 15
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Maybe its best to wait till the inaccuracies are corrected to give you a better chance of approvals. Dont kill yourself with denials. If you can wait, that would prob give you better results.
Message 9 of 15
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on walking away with a brand new Disco card !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.