Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT APPROVED!

tag
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover IT APPROVED!

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for Discover IT yesterday and got approved it today. I applied online and it came out as it needs further processing and needs 5-7 days to make a decision. I called their customer service today and spoke to the analyst who asked me few questions like why do you need this card? About my job and length of employment with my current employer and approved with CL of $1700. Regarding my background, I have a credit history of just 8 months. I had BoA Visa signature card with CL of $9500 but bank is not reporting CL to bureaus. Recently I am in the garden and applied for strew of cards since last 2 weeks based on the advice given by members here. I recently got Walmart Discover(700) and Amazon store(400) and got rejection for Chase Freedom and Amex Costco. My score which was between 680-740 has now come down to mid-600 because of all these enquiries and new accounts. I am not thinking of applying for anymore credit cards for at least one year from now on except Amex Costco as I shop a lot at Costco. I am looking forward to my score to cross 720 and enquiries to fall off before I apply.

Congrats!

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 71 of 74
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval....I also just got approved last night, don't know what my limit is on it yet!!

*8/10/13
Message 72 of 74
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

@anderl wrote:

So finally pulled the trigger on a Discover Card. I've been hearing such great things about Discovver lately, so I thought why not. Applied online and approved. Received a call from CSR the next morning verifying some info and was asked, "Will a CL of $7800 be good for you?"  From what I've been reading that's a pretty good start. So I now I have this great card, how do I get the most out of it? Suggestions pleaseSmiley Very Happy

Congrats!

That's a great limit.  To get the most out of it, use the 5% categories each quater.  Also, use their shopping portal....they have some great retailers (including hotels and travel sites) and gives some really good rebates (some up to 20% cash back).  This is my first Discover and I have to say that I have been impressed overall with them as their Customer Service, Presentation, and Benefits have all been outstanding for me.

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 73 of 74
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

Congrats on the approval....I also just got approved last night, don't know what my limit is on it yet!!

Congrats!

Message 74 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.