Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT approved!

tag
nrm
Frequent Contributor

Discover IT approved!

After cutting the budgets available to me, I realized that Discover is the only card left I haven't had yet. So I went ahead applied for IT and was approved instantly for $4,000. I know I could have done better if I called in and asked them to switch my pre-qualification from Miles to Cashback. I was just lazy talking on the phone, so while sitting in front of the laptop doing some works, I just filled out the application to nab the last card of the four major network. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT approved!

@nrm wrote:

After cutting the budgets available to me, I realized that Discover is the only card left I haven't had yet. So I went ahead applied for IT and was approved instantly for $4,000. I know I could have done better if I called in and asked them to switch my pre-qualification from Miles to Cashback. I was just lazy talking on the phone, so while sitting in front of the laptop doing some works, I just filled out the application to nab the last card of the four major network. 

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP just so you know it is against the terms of use to double post the same thing in multiple threads. Below is the link to the other thread that you created on this same thing.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Collection-Completed/m-p/4681859

Mods, if you read this please merge the threads.

Message 3 of 15
nrm
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OP just so you know it is against the terms of use to double post the same thing in multiple threads. Below is the link to the other thread that you created on this same thing.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Collection-Completed/m-p/4681859

It was not my fault iin the first place. After I hit Post, this topic was no where to be found, but I waited a few hours before starting the other topic. So, it was not my intention, but Mods please merge them together. Thank you!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regardless, congrats on getting the 4 mains!
Message 5 of 15
Siopao
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  Love my Discover card and the double cash back!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!  Discover has very healthy CLI.  I got one autimatically after 2 months!

Message 7 of 15
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your 4 majors, very nice!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 15
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 9 of 15
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@nrm wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It was not my fault iin the first place. After I hit Post, this topic was no where to be found, but I waited a few hours before starting the other topic. So, it was not my intention, but Mods please merge them together. Thank you!

No biggie. Sometimes the forum misbehaves. I think I have the same post 3 times somewhere around here for a similar reason. I still can't find it. Welcome to the forums!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.