Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY!!!! American Express Approval after BK

tag
wit2bees
Contributor

FINALLY!!!! American Express Approval after BK

I was reading the boards tonight and decided to try the AMEX prequalify tool.   I app'd in March, HP and a decline.  I have a BK 7 which I filed in 4/2013.  I was planning to wait until August to apply hoping the 5 year 1 month time period would be the key but read tonight that it was 5/1 from filing!   I couldn't get the prequalify to pop up so I used my cell phone and lo and behold.... I received a prequalify for Delta Skymiles AmEx.   I quickly app'd and the darn thing froze up!!!!  I cleared it out and tried again... prequalified and this time APPROVED!   The limit is just  $1000.00 but it came with the 50000 mile bonus with 1000.00 spent over 3 months.  I could've used that to pay for my upcoming trips already booked and paid for in May.  

A little more background... I have over applied for way more cards than any rational person would admit to, however I had the AMEX on my wish list.  I have one more inquiry planned for a new car in June and then I am in the garden for 12 months minimum!!!

My Fico 9  EQ: 656  TU: 675  EX: 674  from April 22.  

TU 699 EQ 741 EX 767
- total CL = ?
- AAOA = 2.5 years
- Utilization = 9%
- Inquiries = TOOOOOOO MANY
- 50 accounts:
Updated 12/ 29 / 2021
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FINALLY!!!! American Express Approval after BK

Congrats and continued success.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 3 of 18
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex success! 

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 4 of 18
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Approval , Welcome to Amex , also ask for 3x CLI when you hit 61 days

Message 6 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Awesome job. Took me 10 years to get off the blacklistSmiley Wink. Enjoy your new AmexSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

Next apps should be SPs...have been for me and most of us here.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Amex approval!!

Keep up the good work growing after your BK

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

actually AMEX keeps turning me down for CLI becuase of BK 7 on my record.  Filed 5/1/12 approved for Blue everyday cash 7/19/16.  No CLi at all

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.