Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO MLife Approved!

Congrats on your FNBO MLife approval!

Current FICO 8:

Message 13 of 25
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

FNBO Mlife card and they approved you with an open BK13 showing on your Experian report with other baddies reporting? Ceasers visa was also an approval with open BK13? Which bank is Ceasers Visa with?

Current Scores

Message 14 of 25
KrazyKanzan

Yes, that's correct. The only bad mark other than the BK13 on Experian is the derogatory charged off account. Apparently that isn't a factor since I'm almost 4 years in to my 5 year plan?

Comenity Bank has the Caesars Visa. They only pulled EQ for me, and the only bad mark on that report is the BK13.

I did a short write-up of my Caesars Visa approval about 2 years ago that kind of explained my situation. If I can find the link for that thread, I'll post it here.

I came across a couple posts here that said FNBO likes to see at least 3 years of post-BK filing activity. I'm at about month 45 right now. I also read that FNBO does not automatically disqualify you with an open BK13, per one of their representatives.

What really shocked me about the FNBO approval was that it seemed like everything I read on here said that 99% of their applications go through manual approval. Mine came back instantly approved after about 20 seconds on the "processing" page.

@tpdtopcop wrote:

FNBO Mlife card and they approved you with an open BK13 showing on your Experian report with other baddies reporting? Ceasers visa was also an approval with open BK13? Which bank is Ceasers Visa with?

Message 15 of 25
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

@KrazyKanzan wrote:

Yes, that's correct. The only bad mark other than the BK13 on Experian is the derogatory charged off account. Apparently that isn't a factor since I'm almost 4 years in to my 5 year plan?

Comenity Bank has the Caesars Visa. They only pulled EQ for me, and the only bad mark on that report is the BK13.

I did a short write-up of my Caesars Visa approval about 2 years ago that kind of explained my situation. If I can find the link for that thread, I'll post it here.

I came across a couple posts here that said FNBO likes to see at least 3 years of post-BK filing activity. I'm at about month 45 right now. I also read that FNBO does not automatically disqualify you with an open BK13, per one of their representatives.

What really shocked me about the FNBO approval was that it seemed like everything I read on here said that 99% of their applications go through manual approval. Mine came back instantly approved after about 20 seconds on the "processing" page.

@tpdtopcop wrote:

thanks for all the information. I just applied for the M life MasterCard with Comenity and I got the we will review and let you know in 7 to 14 days and they pulled Experian not showing any BK 13s on that report which is good but to derogatory's that should've been with the BKR showing. Might try the FNBO next

Current Scores

Message 16 of 25
KrazyKanzan

@tpdtopcop wrote:

@KrazyKanzan wrote:

@tpdtopcop wrote:

thanks for all the information. I just applied for the M life MasterCard with Comenity and I got the we will review and let you know in 7 to 14 days and they pulled Experian not showing any BK 13s on that report which is good but to derogatory's that should've been with the BKR showing. Might try the FNBO next

I was originally denied by Comenity for the Caesars Visa in November, 2019 after a 7-10 day message. I applied again in January 2020 and was approved instantly.

My credit was good before the BK, so not sure if that has helped me or not. Other than the BK reporting, I have 1-2 inquiries on my reports.

Good luck to you! 

Message 17 of 25
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

Nice! Congrats!!! 

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats for your aproval and a nice SL! To post a screenshot you can click on the camera icon with a label Photos and upload your photo. You can use Snipe to capture the screenshot and Paint to resize the screenshot if you are using Windows.

Message 19 of 25
KrazyKanzan

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats for your aproval and a nice SL! To post a screenshot you can click on the camera icon with a label Photos and upload your photo. You can use Snipe to capture the screenshot and Paint to resize the screenshot if you are using Windows.

Thank you! This might sound off, but I don't remember seeing that camera logo on my phone when I made the OP the other night 🤷🏻‍♂️

I went back to my first post and added it!

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.