gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally Off the Chase Blacklist!

Congratulations! 👍

Message 13 of 21
Ontherise2020
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on getting back in with Chase! This is my goal card after gardening! 

FICO Scores:
EX 715
TU 750
EQ 739
FICO 9 773
Message 14 of 21
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations. I also filed Chap 7 around the same time as you did. Chase has some cards included. I knew I was over 5/24 but just wanted to see. 

Applicatioj declined but only for "amount of credit cards opened in the last 24 months". No mention of prior unsatisfactory relationship with this bank. I'll try again in a few months when I'm at 4/24. 

JR
Message 15 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on slaying the Chase credit door! Welcome to myFico.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it was worth posting because the combo of Chapter 7 + Burning Chase seems to be one of the harder scenarios to overcome and the few success stories I read for how long it took seem to vary greatly in the number of years.

I am still blacklisted by Amex, though, so that will be my next challenge. They were also included in my bankruptcy and for a similar overall sum, but only a single card.

Message 17 of 21
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted to wait a few months because I was worried it was a mistake after all the forum posts I've read here over the years, but I finally got off the Chase blacklist! I wanted to post to give hope to others because I didn't think I'd get approved based on the stories I'd read.

I declared Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2011, and I had a few Chase cards that were part of it. They weren't all originally Chase cards, but they ended up branded that way via mergers, etc. Between those cards, I think I burned Chase for over $20,000. Since then, I'd kept my credit score between 700-750 for most of the past 10 years. When I hit year 8, I tried to call for a reconsideration, but failed. I even emailed executive support, got hold of a real human being, pleaded my case and STILL got rejected. So, when my banktruptcy finally dropped off of my credit report earlier this year, I decided to apply one more time for kicks. My original cards were United cards, and all my previous attempts at reconsideration were mainly so I could get a new United card. This time, I applied for the United Club Infinite Card. I applied a few weeks after my bankruptcy dropped off of my credit report. I was totally shocked when I got approved, and for a huge credit line larger than any of my other non-Chase cards. I couldn't believe it. However, I'd read one forum where where someone got their card and cancellation letter in the mail the same day, so I was still worried until the card finally arrived.

So, for anyone in the scenario of having filed Chapter 7 and included Chase, there is hope at the 10 year mark that you might get off the blacklist.

Great come back @Anonymous !

Thanks for your back story.

Message 18 of 21
Marmot
Frequent Contributor

Great approval, congratulations !!!

Message 19 of 21
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing

Current Scores

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.