cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First ever amex prequal, should I do it? - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First ever amex prequal, should I do it?

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S...You did it! You're in! Now sit back and have a drink. Relax. You're important in the world now with an AMEX.
I started out with the same program ($500-no offers)as you a little over a year ago.
I played the game and am now at $9k, which I'm happy with.
One thing I can tell you is to pay the bill in full and just grow comfortable with your card. Don't be afraid to use it. I did PIF and in over 61 days I was at 3x the limit. Also, never go over 50% of your limit.

Do not get a pin (if one comes, throw it in the garbage) to take cash off the card. No purchases for friends, etc. Tell them to get their own card. You can do this.
Just play the game... Let the results come your way.

I’ve got $500 SL and was thinking to not CLI until the 6th statement posts. Seeing your posts gives me faith I can get my card up to the same limit. 

Yes! It can happen. I have literally lived through my credit cards to get to this point. It was not easy, but I did it and you can too! Stay strong and keep a positive outlook. You'll get there.
Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.