Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Card Approval

tag
MacRoadie
Contributor

Green Card Approval

Logged in today to see the Green card in my suggested cards selection. Have done some research and like a few of the benefits not covered under my currect AmEX stable (AmEx Platinum, and Delta Rewards Platinum), mainly the restaurant and third party travel site spend bonuses. It seems to fill some of the holes created when I PC'd my PRG to the Platinum card earlier this year. 

Filled in the app and got the instant approval. Also qualified for the 45,000 SUB on $2,000 spend (easy peasy with the holidays coming up) and also $15k on the POT option (which I'll never use). The $100 Clear credit will be used when my subscription comes up for renewal in January, so the effective AF as it sits on day 1 is $50.00.

FICO 8 (7/24/19) EX: 682, EQ: 701, TU: 700

FICO 8 (10/14/19) EX: 710, EQ: 711, TU: 709
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Green Card Approval

Congrats - I’m looking forward to seeing how people think the rewards shake out on this one.
Message 2 of 13
MacRoadie
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats - I’m looking forward to seeing how people think the rewards shake out on this one.

Yeah, I'm thinking after the Clear credit, the dining and miscellaneous travel will be interesting to follow. The travel category is VERY diverse, including parking, subway passes, etc.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like that about my BCP too - the 3% travel covers a lot. I need to refill my EZPass too - I’m going to use BCP for that and see if it counts.

Being able to use Clear and make your AF effectively $50, Green seems like a no-brainer win for sure Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy Welcome to AmericaSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 6 of 13
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Green AmEx approval!

Message 7 of 13
MacRoadie
Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
CongratsSmiley Happy Welcome to AmericaSmiley Wink

Thanks for the welcome, but it's about 55 years too late...LOL Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting the Amex Green Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on goin Green!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.