Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy Crapoly CLI on Amazon and Walmart!

tag
Jesi
New Contributor

Holy Crapoly CLI on Amazon and Walmart!

I have tried the button to no avail on Amazon, I got the card in November and my starting limit was $800...and there it has remained despite keeping it low, using often and paying several times a month. I got a lot of other cards since and got them increased much faster. This is my most beloved and used card since I'm still not able to get anything more than Capital One cards for a major credit card. My Walmart one is very slowly increasing, my starting limit I can't remember but I've only had it a few months, it was very low and I got it up to $600. Chatted earlier last week and got nothing. Used the button again yesterday and got it up to $750. Decided, I'm going to try this Credit Solutions business and was so afraid, but it was literally no different than chatting and I got my card up to $3500, I asked for $4000 so I'm happy! As far as my Amazon I asked for $3000 and got it. Sat here for about 45 minutes contemplating and searching if I could call again the same day and figured what the hell. Called back and asked for $4000 and got it! I almost wonder if I could have gotten more? I don't have any cards above $4,000. My husband only has one and it's a Pier One card, no idea why, his other Comenity Bank cards are pretty small, almost all under $1,000 but Pier One decided they love him and he's up to $5,350 and has only had it since winter! I really need to update my signature now because I've gotten so much more than I have listed. I'm so grateful for this forum. Just since the end of fall I've gone from having a Credit One card with a very low limit and a Capital One card with a very low limit to having $60,000 worth of credit in our hands. Unfortunately it's nearly all store credit cards so hopefully our scores keep climbing and we can start getting in with the big boys here soon. Our only problem right now is inquiries. We haven't had anything bad on our reports in a few years but we had that issue of no one would give us credit without having credit. As much as we all hate Credit One, if it wasn't for them we still would probably have NO credit available to us.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Holy Crapoly CLI on Amazon and Walmart!

@Jesi wrote:

I have tried the button to no avail on Amazon, I got the card in November and my starting limit was $800...and there it has remained despite keeping it low, using often and paying several times a month.

It is not just about usage and it is not just about the one account.  Your entire credit profile and your income matter with any creditor.

@Jesi wrote:

Unfortunately it's nearly all store credit cards so hopefully our scores keep climbing and we can start getting in with the big boys here soon. Our only problem right now is inquiries. 

A revolving account is a revolving account.  Inquiries are not your problem.  Inquiries are typically a small factor.  However, they can have a bigger impact for those with think profiles and/or profiles with issues.  However, in such cases inquiries are a symptom and not a cause.  You need to identify the bigger issues with your credit profile and work on addressing them.  The low limit cards alos indicate that creditors have concerns with your credit profile.

We can certainly help you to determine what the problems are and how you can address them if possible but you'd need to share enough to give us an idea of what your credit profile looks like.  There are a lot of accounts in your signature.  When were these opened?  With your profile you need to gradually add accounts.  A lot of new accounts and credit seeking actvity will be signfiicant red flags and will also have an imapct on your scores.

...and please use paragraphs.  It is difficult to read posts that run on like that.

Message 2 of 17
Jesi
New Contributor

Not all of those accounts are mine, some are joint with my husband.

Message 3 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Congratulations on your CLI successes!  Smiley Very Happy

Credit Solutions has been generous to many of us around here, including your's truly.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, what is Credit Solutions?

Message 5 of 17
Jesi
New Contributor

It's so bizarre because a couple days ago chatting wasn't getting me anywhere again, so I called a few times today and then decided to chat again, now I'm getting credit limits increases still on my Synchrony cards via chat, it's like once you call credit solutions it helps with the chat again which I prefer. I'm on a roll today!

Message 6 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations

Message 7 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, what is Credit Solutions?

Lots of info here on Credit Solutions...

In a nutshell, they are a 'help desk' for most Synchrony credit accounts that you're directed to when you have a CLI need that can't be handled by the front line CSRs or chat.  People on here figured out a while back that you could simply call them directly for CLIs (bypassing the front-line CSRs altogether) and they can be quite generous.

They are notably different from the regular and chat CSRs in that they do a SP on your TU while you wait, so the stronger your TU the more generous they tend to be.  Note that there's always a chance that calling them can be a HP, but 95% of the time it's a SP. 

Message 8 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increases.  In regards to "getting in with the big boys".  I can offer a little advice.  I would close every store card that has a limit under 1k unless it's a card you absolutely love and want to grow & it offers massive discount benefits for example like the Khols card.  The reason for this is tidiness.  At the same time apply for a Synchrony Visa or Mastercard such as Stash or Marvel and when you get it call CS and ask for a 10k credit line, you'll be countered and what they give you will offset the dollar amount of the closed credit lines.  Then garden for 1 year and apply for 3 credit cards at big banks except for Chase because of 5/24.  I recommend Discover and Amex as they grow fast, then choose either BofA or Citi or a non 5/24 Chase card, but if you do go for a non 5/24 Chase card make sure to app with them first.  You could try this at 6 months and maybe have decent luck, but I'd give it a year for better SL results.  Then once you have those they will grow and you'll be lined up for more success.  Just my opinion.  Everyone has their own way of getting there.  If you were itching to try something sooner rather than later though, I would do the above first, then in 3 months app for Amex Delta Skymiles and follow the 3xCLI thread.  That would give you a head start as it's an easier card to get with a big lender who is known to not be as "inquiry sensitive" as the other banks. Then hang tight for a bit.  This is all presuming utilization ratio is in check.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.