cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instantly Approved for AMEX BCE (Expecting Denied)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instantly Approved for AMEX BCE (Expecting Denied)

Hello,

I just wanted to thank everyone from myFico for all of your advice and pointers! I've been eyeing the American Express Blue Cash Everyday for a few months and have been reading this forum section for advice and pointers...I applied today and was instantly approved for a $9,000 credit limit -- which was extremely shocking for me (my highest line of credit at the moment is $2,000 and upon requesting CLI was denied for lengh of history), I was expecting to be denied. I have the following cards: 

Discover Student: $1,900 CL ($150 Current Balance)

Capital One QuickSilver $900 CL ($100 Balance)

Kohl's Credit Card $450 CL ($0 Balance)

Yearly Income: Around 21k

Experian Score: 740

I followed advice here and got utilization down below applying. However, all posts I've read seem to say AMEX cards, especially credit lines are prime cards and harder to get / require a large income but it seems they also will give to college students as well...I will say I do not have any late payments, or other derogative marks on my account though. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Instantly Approved for AMEX BCE (Expecting Denied)

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I just wanted to thank everyone from myFico for all of your advice and pointers! I've been eyeing the American Express Blue Cash Everyday for a few months and have been reading this forum section for advice and pointers...I applied today and was instantly approved for a $9,000 credit limit -- which was extremely shocking for me (my highest line of credit at the moment is $2,000 and upon requesting CLI was denied for lengh of history), I was expecting to be denied. I have the following cards: 

Discover Student: $1,900 CL ($150 Current Balance)

Capital One QuickSilver $900 CL ($100 Balance)

Kohl's Credit Card $450 CL ($0 Balance)

Yearly Income: Around 21k

Experian Score: 740

I followed advice here and got utilization down below applying. However, all posts I've read seem to say AMEX cards, especially credit lines are prime cards and harder to get / require a large income but it seems they also will give to college students as well...I will say I do not have any late payments, or other derogative marks on my account though. 

Welcome to MyFI"CO and congrats on your approval.  Very nice credit limit.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Nice to see another college student on here! You might want to try Chase too, they have been very generous to me!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval.  That's a very nice starting limit, enjoy.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for replies! It was very surprising to get such a high credit limit...Although I won't be needing it anytime soon (hopefully ever). Also thanks for Chase reccomendation! However, Discover is fairly close to chase (5% rotating categories) so I probably won't be getting another card until I need a travel card...I would definitly like a Chase Sapphire Preferred when I have a higher income and ability to travel.

Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nicely done on your approval!. All the best on your credit journeySmiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.