Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lane Bryant 'Invitation to Apply' for credit card e-mail

tag
RebuildingAgain14
Valued Member

Lane Bryant 'Invitation to Apply' for credit card e-mail

Good  morning,

I received an e-mail from Lane Bryant stating I was invited to apply for their credit card. I know this is a Comenity-backed card, so I am wondering if I should just try for the SCT, or...?

Does anyone have any experience with this? This is actually a card we could use. :-)

Thanks.

Starting Scores: EQ 542/TU 500/EX 513
Current Scores: EQ 611/TU 611/EX 628
Goal Score: All 700+

Cap One Secured ($750/$701 'unsecured'), Cap One QS1($1000), Victoria's Secret ($250), Brylane Home ($500), Amazon Store Card ($600)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
RebuildingAgain14
Valued Member

Re: Lane Bryant 'Invitation to Apply' for credit card e-mail

I should add that when I click on the link in the e-mail, it goes directly to the Comenity site. The app asks for name, address, phone number, fill social...

Thanks again.

Cap One Secured ($750/$701 'unsecured'), Cap One QS1($1000), Victoria's Secret ($250), Brylane Home ($500), Amazon Store Card ($600)
Message 2 of 13
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

It's one of those YMMV things, but I will give my experience.

This was a card that I could use, and use a lot.  Could not get the SCT to work ever on their site (think this may be one that it doesn't happen on).  So I just figured oh well, I won't be getting this one.  Went ahead and got One Stop Plus and VS thru the trick and was happy.  Maybe about 2 weeks after, my DH was checking my emails and noticed that there was one from Lane Bryant that I had put in trash.  He is more aware after this site about emails for offers and such.  The email basically did the same as  yours. 

It invited me to apply, thanked me for shopping and visiting their site etc.  In rebuilding and repairing mode, I had never gotten anything like this, except for the good ole Credit One and First Premier solicitations.  I noticed on mine that it had the "pre-screen/opt out" thing at the bottom and thought what the hay.  I could really use it, one more INQ can't hurt when scores were as bad as mine (at least not much).  And app'd.  Got it with $500 limit which has grown to $900 in about 6 months.

All of this with a SP.  Never had an alert from anyone about a new INQ.  Only alert was when it started showing up on my reports.

I hope this helps. Again as everyone says here, it's probably a YMMV thing, and maybe I just got lucky. 

Message 3 of 13
RebuildingAgain14
Valued Member

Eyisila wrote:

It's one of those YMMV things, but I will give my experience.

This was a card that I could use, and use a lot.  Could not get the SCT to work ever on their site (think this may be one that it doesn't happen on).  So I just figured oh well, I won't be getting this one.  Went ahead and got One Stop Plus and VS thru the trick and was happy.  Maybe about 2 weeks after, my DH was checking my emails and noticed that there was one from Lane Bryant that I had put in trash.  He is more aware after this site about emails for offers and such.  The email basically did the same as  yours. 

It invited me to apply, thanked me for shopping and visiting their site etc.  In rebuilding and repairing mode, I had never gotten anything like this, except for the good ole Credit One and First Premier solicitations.  I noticed on mine that it had the "pre-screen/opt out" thing at the bottom and thought what the hay.  I could really use it, one more INQ can't hurt when scores were as bad as mine (at least not much).  And app'd.  Got it with $500 limit which has grown to $900 in about 6 months.

All of this with a SP.  Never had an alert from anyone about a new INQ.  Only alert was when it started showing up on my reports.

I hope this helps. Again as everyone says here, it's probably a YMMV thing, and maybe I just got lucky. 

Thanks for your reply. After reading it, I decided to go ahead and apply. Instant 'approval' for $300 CL. :-)

Message 4 of 13
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

WOOT.

GRATS!!!

Give it some use and after about 3 months or so start hitting that "luv" button.  I know that a lot of Comenity cards are 9 months before any CLI, but it seems, at least from my experience, that put some usage through them and you can get some increases.  It might be only $200 at a time but that's better than $0. 

And, do not forget, when you get an increase, keep hitting the luv button until you get that 7-10 day message!!!!! Smiley Happy

Grats again!!!!!!

Message 5 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 13
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 13
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

I had a similar experience with Express. Got a preapproval letter in the mail. Decided to see if I could get the pop-up on the website instead for a SP and I did. Got the card that way. 

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Here's a good one for you.  My first credit card was a Barclay's Rewards Visa.  I then got 5 Comenity cards through the popup trick (4 of them co-branded with major cards).  I went to LL Bean's website and tried the cart trick but it did not work.  I then received an email from Barclay's thanking me for my loyalty.  Yesterday I received an invitation to apply for an LL Bean Visa through snail mail.  The card said I was a valued customer.  I never have bought anything from LL Bean.  Then at the bottom of the form it said financed by Barclays.  I did not take the offer.  My one HP from Barclays was a nasty hit to my credit score.  These companies are sharks and intentionally deceive the ones they target into believing it's a pre approval.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.