Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys Amex question

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Macys Amex question

So I applied for Macys Amex in store and got a limit of 1.2k but on thing that printed out it doesnt say AMEX... so did I not get apporved for AMEX i called macys and they say it take 72hrs for card to pop up but when i signed for macys amex it said i was approved. but at beginning of app it said if i did not get approved for macys amex i would get the store card and I have also heard that there are two different limits im just so confused. I need help 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macys Amex question

If you applied for the Am Ex in store and the clerk said you were approved for it you were. The Macy's store card limit is what shows on the receipt.The clerk doesn't know the Am Ex limit, just that you were approved. 

There are 2 separate limits and you have to call their Am Ex department at 1-800-477-2167  from 9-5 EST M-F  for your limit.

Message 2 of 9
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Ok thank you. I was really concerned that I didnt get approved... but I honestly probably will never use the store card limit... lol

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harvey26 wrote:

Ok thank you. I was really concerned that I didnt get approved... but I honestly probably will never use the store card limit... lol

Call them again to make sure it's the Amex card. I to applied in store and chosen the Amex card and was approved for 1k but the receipt said store card so I left and thought nothing of it thinking it was a Amex version and the next day I called for a CLI to 10k and got approved so while I was excited that I just got a big CLI  something told me to ask "this is the Amex version right"? The lady on the phone said "no it's for the store card" so I told them when I applied in store I picked the Amex version but she said if you weren't approved for the Amex then you get the store card. I was bummed but on the brightside it wasn't a wasted HP since I got the CLI to 10k. Still have not received the card and it's been almost 3 weeks....good luck and call to make sure.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! Did you call CS? What was the outcome?
Message 6 of 9
tanderson
Established Member

Aww.. Man I was denied...Smiley Sad  Dont get it! I have a 10,000 credit limit on my macys card and I have 3 Amex cards ,Platinum card ,PRG, and Blue Cash preferred. And  they pulled my highest which is my trans union which was different from what I had been hearing.. Oh well thats how it goes.. Didnt really need it anyway..Smiley Tongue

FICO EX-743/ TU-763 / EQ-698 / Starting score 540 03/13/14
AMEX PLATINUM CARD| AMEX GOLD REWARDS| AMEX BLUE CASH PREFERRED 10,000 | AMEX HILTON SURPASS 6000 | WELLS FARGO PLATINUM REWARDS VISA 10000 | BARCLAY TITANIUM 8500 | DISCOVER IT 4000 | QUICKSILVER VISA SIGNATURE 5000 | WINGS FCU 2000| MACY'S STORE CARD 10700 | DILLARDS AMEX 4000 |CHEVRON/TEXACO 1500| SHELL 800
Message 7 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

So I applied for Macys Amex in store and got a limit of 1.2k but on thing that printed out it doesnt say AMEX... so did I not get apporved for AMEX i called macys and they say it take 72hrs for card to pop up but when i signed for macys amex it said i was approved. but at beginning of app it said if i did not get approved for macys amex i would get the store card and I have also heard that there are two different limits im just so confused. I need help 

Congrats OP

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 9
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats anyhow.  I believe if you keep the card long enough you can re-apply for the branded AMEX...

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.