Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel Mastercard (Iron Man)

tag
Gatito
Contributor

Marvel Mastercard (Iron Man)

Well I did very good staying out of the application market but for some reason I got an urge to apply since I've been extremely good paying off my credit card debt, I've gone from about 5+ cards to now 2 (one of which is at a 0% interest promo). I'm hoping to be credit card debt free by the end of this month. I've seen my FICOs go up from mid to high 500 to Walmart now saying my FICO is at 678 I couldn't be happier. I might have jumped the gun too quickly though because I applied for the Ebates, Chase Freedom, Stanford Federal Credit Union and Marvel.

Marvel approved me right away for 2500 then I called CS right away for a 3500 bump 6000 limit now.

Chase Freedom denied because of too many accounts opened in the last 24 months. Cat Sad

Ebates said no they'll send a letter no other info provided

SFCU Said no because of history and excessive obligations to income (I thought you should have seen me before) LOL Cat Wink

After I did all that I thought I would have been happier if I would have just done Marvel from the beginning and left it at that but hey time will heal my inquiries! Cat Indifferent

TU: 687 UTIL 28%

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Marvel Mastercard (Iron Man)

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 11
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

What was your TU score at the time of apping?  Congrats on the card by the way. You made the right choice, Iron Man. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 6 of 11
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats on the approval !!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats !!!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Marvel approval. Just think how cool you're gonna look earning 3% cb this weekend when you go see Captain America: Civil War at the theatre.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.