Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini app spree

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Mini app spree

I had been gardening for quite a while, and was planning to continue gardening for however long it takes to get a CFF card.

Last night I decided to just cold-apply for the CFF. Was denied. Called recon this morning, they said it was eligible for reconsideration and just needed to verify my info, so we did that but it still came back denied. Reason was "I have too much credit already". Which doesn't make sense to me since I only have $26k in credit lines (14k of that is with chase) and make $105k per year. But they didn't budge.

So since I already wasted a double HP for nothing, I figured I'd try to knock out some of the non-Chase cards on my wishlist, that I had been holding off on applying for until I got the CFF. Since that's not happening, I went ahead and applied for these two cards, and was inst-approved for both:

Amazon Prime Store Card (Synchrony) - $3,800

REI World Elite Mastercard (US Bank) - $10,500

Good enough for me! Back to the garden I go...

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Mini app spree

Congratulations on your approvals!

Message 2 of 26
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Thanks! Now I'm over 5/24 until May 2021, but oh well. Doesn't sound like Chase was in the mood to give me any love anyways.

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the Chase denial but congrats on your approvals!

Message 4 of 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Sorry for you CFF DenialSmiley Sad

Congratulations on your Approvalstu79698acd196d5576ac2005fffe7fa3_128.png

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you thought of asking them to move limits to make the new account?

Message 6 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your 2 new approved cards Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 26
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought about it, but the problem is my CSR is already at the minimum SL ($10k), and the SL on my CFU is already too low for my needs as it is - if I even pulled $1k off of it, the limit would be so low I'd have to make 3 payments every month to keep it from maxing out (I already have to make 2 every month).

Message 8 of 26
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@coreysw12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought about it, but the problem is my CSR is already at the minimum SL ($10k), and the SL on my CFU is already too low for my needs as it is - if I even pulled $1k off of it, the limit would be so low I'd have to make 3 payments every month to keep it from maxing out (I already have to make 2 every month).

Just to make sure, do you know that Chase will allow a cardholder to lower the CL on an existing CSR below $10K? 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 9 of 26
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on your 2 new approved cards Smiley Happy

Thanks! 2 years ago I would've been happy to even get approved for anything, so I'm pretty happy with a 2-out-of-3 success today!

I'm shocked by the $10.5k SL from US Bank - not only because it's now my highest SL I've ever gotten, but also because US Bank outright denied me for a Cash+ card not that long ago.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.