Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Target CLI luv

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

More Target CLI luv

It’s strange to me how many people on here seem to have no CLIs on the Target REDCard, and meanwhile I woke up this morning to see that I got my sixth auto-CLI in 2-1/2 years, this time an extra $800 to go from $2100 to $2900. If I ever figure out what it is they like about my profile so much I’ll be sure to share it. For what it’s worth, I use the card a lot, run it up and pay it down and thereby show usage of a big chunk of my CL as well as the ability to pay it down and demonstrate that I can and will use more if they grant it, and I update my financials every month about a week before the payment due date, just in case they’re thinking of bumping me up that month. Last auto CLI was a $400 bump in June of this year. To date, this is my largest CLI from them - all others have been $300-$400 per on a card that started at $300 in December of 2013.

Oh well, I’m not gonna complain Smiley Happy Maybe at some point the MC upgrade will come...
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Re: More Target CLI luv

Congrats! I always hear people say Target doesn't grow and they're stuck at 300 for years, that is awesome.
As for the MC version, didn't they do away with that? I could be wrong, but I'm thinking it was discontinued.
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine stayed at $300 for the first 2-1/2 years, and then the auto CLIs started rolling in a couple times a year with pretty good regularity.

As for the MC, I could swear I read on here recently about people getting the email that they were being upgraded. It’s possible that those were old posts that were necro-bumped but I thought they were current....
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi-posted by accident
Message 4 of 14
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm, I see the same after doing a search on here. Can't seem to find it on the Target website though. Maybe it's grandfathered in or by invitation only?

EDIT:
It is on their site, found it in the fine print Smiley Happy
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, I’ll look it up and see what the deal is. Everyone I’ve ever seen talking about it has always said they got notice that their account was being converted automatically. It’d be interesting to see if it can be requested.
Message 6 of 14
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your increases! I had the REDCard myself and only used it like twice (if that, but closed it since).

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today is my 5 year anniversary of getting the card and I’ve run a LOT through it. We shop there more than anywhere else so it’s been great. I have the debit card as well. Got an email with a one-use 10% off coupon a few minutes ago. Between that and the CLI, they’re pitching hard for continued business Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the Mastercard info and messages them to find out how to go about becoming considered. I’ll share whatever I hear back.
Message 9 of 14
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

Wow, congrats on another CLI! I'm still waiting for my first Target CLI... only 1 30 day late back in Feb 2018. Cardholder since Sep 2016. 

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.