Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple PenFed approvals!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple PenFed approvals!!

People who think they know everything will dispute this but I think PenFed has been trying to avoid the quick hitters who sign up for a membership just to get a quick, high limit credit card.  Many of the new CC approvals are from people who have gotten rejected in the past.  It took me a year to get my first CC after being rejected after becoming a member.  I didn't post my story because it's too good to be true and I didn't want 1,000 others causing PenFed to take back what they gave (I was late with the Duck and NASA trains).  Apparently, to members with some history PenFed is not as tight as we were told....and, oh yeah, might want to put a little more than $5 in that account with them also...or at least deposit something after your initial membership.

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are so many variables. But I think because my score increased and I built a relationship with them. My $50 every paycheck deposit helped alot. At least I'd like to think that it did.
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your PenFed successes!

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations thats an awesome set of approvals from penfed! 

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

People who think they know everything will dispute this but  ...

What follow this (quoted) is your opinion and I take no issue with. You might very well be right in what you claim. 

But I do take issue with the quoted phrase -- you are basically saying "anyone who disagrees with my opinion is wrong" and I'm not sure that helps encourage open discussion on a message board.

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

James_A, I think it's exactly opposite as you describe.  As I was thinking of applying a second time to PenFed it was very hard for me to find current success stories.  I think some MyFICO members have scared off people from taking a chance.  Maybe it is their opinion that should be taken with a grain of salt.  To repeat myself folks, build a relationship with PenFed and put a little extra money in that bank account.  Try again a second time for a CC in a few months if you get rejected.

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

James_A, I think it's exactly opposite as you describe.  As I was thinking of applying a second time to PenFed it was very hard for me to find current success stories.  I think some MyFICO members have scared off people from taking a chance.  Maybe it is their opinion that should be taken with a grain of salt.  To repeat myself folks, build a relationship with PenFed and put a little extra money in that bank account.  Try again a second time for a CC in a few months if you get rejected.

Again, I have no issue with how you interpretted your experience. It is yours, after all. But you also wrote: 

People who think they know everything will dispute this ...

You are stating "if you disagree, you are a person "who thinks they know everything." People who think they know everything, as I understand it, is a common attribution for those who are most often wrong.

So you are shutting down other opinions by how you phrased your own. This is what I object to. 

Please ALWAYS feel free to share your experiences, and your interpretation of same. But then please allow others to do likewise. 

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Congrats on your PenFed approvals!

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 19 of 27
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been lurking on this forum for a few years now. This is my first post.
I opened a Penfed savings acct March of this year ... I decided to start saving there every month and build a relationship.
Yesterday I decided out of the blue to go online apply for their PenFed Gold card. ... I got an approval email for $10,000!
I ended up applying with the rep on the phone for the PenFed Power cash ... another approval email for $10,000!!!!
I ... applied for an Overdraft line of credit... got approved for $500.. ha!! I'm so happy

https://miro.medium.com/max/1200/1*hNSREwWTYQZHAVFDHxmuKg.png

Well done!  Smiley Happy

Very nice run with PenFed and great job persisting towards your goal!

And Welcome to MyFico Forums! 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.