Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Mini-App Spree!

tag
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

My Mini-App Spree!

I've posted a lot since last Friday, so if you can stand seeing another post from me, here is my story.  Six months ago, after 5 long years, my Ch.13 BK was finally discharged.  Before that, I'd been reading the blogs and learning what I could about handling credit responsibly.  I got the usual cards from companies that extend credit to people like me (Credit One, First Premiere).  Then my credit union approved me for an auto loan and a $2,000 MC.  I also got in with Cap1 for a QS with a $10,000 CL.  

I'm now 6 months post discharge.  This weekend, I checked the Cap1 prequal site and saw that I was pre-qualed for a QS MC.  I apped and was approved for $10,000!  I then read about someone with a similar credit situation to mine who got approved for AMEX BCE.  That was one of my goal cards.  Yay!  Approved for $1,000.  I know it's a low limit but I was just so happy to be in with AMEX so soon after my BK discharge and I know it will grow.  Well, positive results can really embolden someone.  I had also been reading about app sprees and having cards age together.  I figured, at this time, I was so far out of the garden that I was willing to risk a hard pull to see if I could possibly get the Costo Visa...my ultimate goal card.  Hooray!  $5,500 SL.  I'm over the moon and heading back to the garden to let these babies age and until this BK falls off of my reports in 2018.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Mini-App Spree!

Congrats! Super excited for you! 

Message 2 of 6
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Thank you! Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's off to the garden I go!

Message 3 of 6
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!

Message 4 of 6
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Woohoo! Congrats on the fresh start!
NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 5 of 6
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, and great job!  Nice on the Costco - enjoy!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.