Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My annual birthday app spree

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: My annual birthday app spree

Congrats Starry!!!! And yes... I'm in KC so Chiefs are kicking ass tonight!!!Smiley Happy
Message 21 of 28
starry1
Valued Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@Santi78342 wrote:

Congratulations! Unfortunately the Cap1 score is a FAKO from Credit Karma and you should have kept Wally open as it is a true FICO!

From everything I've read even closed you can login and get the free score unless they changed it lately.

edit: Barclay also offers the true TU score also just not monthly.

How often does barclays give you a score?

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 22 of 28
One7
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on all your success! Barclays is very weird about giving you your score. Mine updates very randomly. Sometimes monthly and other times not for 3 or 4 months.

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 23 of 28
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Not a bad spree! Congrats and welcome back to the garden!! And Happy Birthday!! Good luck on the next Discover recon!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 24 of 28
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!! Esepcially on NFCU.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 25 of 28
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@starry1 wrote:

Barclays NFL, $500 instant approval, reconned this morning to $1k and the underwriter (a darling!) really wanted badly to give me a higher limit, but she did say she really couldn’t quite yet and advised me to call back after 6 months of good payment with them if I hadn’t received an auto CLI.  GO CHIEFS!!!

Bellco CU Platinum Rewards, $3k.  This is a local CU for me.  I went in to open a savings account just for convenience sake since they have branches all over town and NFCU is a hike to get to.  Anyway, I was offered this card and when he opened the offer my APR came up 14%, which is right in the middle of the APR range.  This card is pretty decent with 2X points on gas and cable/internet/phone, but it was even nicer that it was offered to me rather than me having to ask for it.  My understanding of this CU was that they were very conservative, but they gave me a nice card/limit/APR with only so-so scores.  From talking with the new client banker, it seems he was anxious to “compete” with NFCU for my business. 

QS1, $500 with credit steps – instant approval.  Tried to recon starting limit through EO and was told to wait and see what my steps CLI will be, and then if I still didn’t like it to contact EO on 12th statement

Target $400 instant approval, and knowing how stingy Target is I didn’t bother to recon because...Target.

PayPal Smart Connect, $800 instant approval, even though the preapproval I got was for the MasterCard…the old bait and switch.  It’s GE so I didn’t recon because it will grow fast enough.  I did apply and was approved for the debit card as well. 

Discover, declined and recon was a bust. May recon again to see if I can get a friendlier underwriter.

Kohl’s.  Declined and it’s not worth reconning.  I’m not even sure why I applied for this card other than my oldest, who just started college, lives a couple blocks down the street from one and could buy his clothes with it.

I waited to ask for CLIs on my cards because NFCU hard-pulled me one time when they shouldn’t have and kicked me out of the garden about 1.5 years ago, so I’ve been gun shy about requesting CLIs and decided they can simply wait until I’m ready to take a hard pull if needed.    

Von Maur, $200 >→$1k

NFCU cashRewards, $1.5k → $5k and converted to a siggy.  MY FIRST SIGGY!!!!!  What do siggies do anyway?

NFCU nRewards, auto CLI to $2.5k → $3.5k.  I have no idea when this happened.  It may have been there for a month or so for all I know, I didn’t get a message and I don’t remember checking the limit.

Amazon, $1.7k → $2k.  Stingy, but I'll take it.

Wal-Mart, closed.  They wouldn’t give me a CLI and I really wasn’t using it.  My Cap1 gives me my TU score too, so I don’t need Wally.  The WalMart I shopped at was really getting run down and sketchy and I started shopping at Target more.   This is more of a lifestyle decision than anything else.

Firestone (CFNA), $1.2k → $2.2k

When I applied for these my scores were TU 634/ EQ 666/ EX 658.  I’m not bothering to update the scores in my sig until after the “5 new cards” hit takes effect.

I know these are not glamorous cards or cushy limits, but being about 1.5 years post-bk discharge and actually using my cards instead of managing them according to peak-scoring rules, I’m just happy to be getting instant approvals again, and everything I got except for Target should grow with me fairly decently.  And with that I’m off to the garden for at least another 12 months.  I have to lay low anyway since I got a Barclays and am opening 5 new cards at once.

Congratulations on your approvals and credit limit increases! Thanks for sharing! Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 28
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your successful Annual Birthday App Spree!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 27 of 28
starry1
Valued Contributor

Still a no go for Discover.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.