cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI/New Card Approval - WF Denial

tag
Drodr11

NFCU CLI/New Card Approval - WF Denial

3 months ago right after I last posted about my BILT approval I applied for the Navy Flagship card and got approved for a $7k starting limit. Following the 91/3 rule I applied for an $8k CLI and was countered for $6k (shows up automatically and still a soft pull). This was about 3 days ago. 

I decided to take the chance and apply for the Navy platinum to continue building my personal CL and was approved for $25k automatically. I did have one direct deposit hit the account, have both savings and checking with them; also have a flex CD. 

I was feeling lucky and as I'm not working on any SUB's I applied for the WF autograph Journey, got an automatic denial (waiting for the letter). Experian F8 is 681 and F9 is at 697, not sure which one they pulled yet. 

I've also been denied CLI's on Synchrony Amazon and Lowe's, Bilt card, and Discover. I guess I'll be gardening for now and continue trying to get CLI's on these cards, although I am considering another Amex business card to churn since nothing else is on the table. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
keekers
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI/New Card Approval - WF Denial

Congrats.

Message 2 of 13
MissLiz
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Flagship CLI and your awesome Navy Platinum approval! Sorry about Wells. 

“A woman’s best protection is a little money of her own.” – Clare Boothe Luce
Message 3 of 13
Drodr11

Thank you! Despite the far from perfect credit I'm actually suprised about Wells since they're a "relationship bank" and I've had 100% of income going into the account for the last 6 months and I've put their Bilt card to good use while PIF. It'll be interesting to see the reasons for the denial when the letter comes. 

Message 4 of 13
Rdbeetle
Established Contributor

Congrats on your NFCU CLI and approval!

SchoolsFirst FCU Rewards WMC $25k
US Bank Cash+ $15k
AMEX BCP $10k
FICO 8 Scores: EQ 813 I EX 816 I TU 802
Message 5 of 13
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval with navy and don't for get to recon with Wf.

Message 6 of 13
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

Congrats

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB INVESTOR CARD $28,900 CL/ AMEX MORGAN STANLEY BLUE CASH $5K CL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $18,000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $40,000/ WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200/ CITI COSTCO ANYWHERE VISA $6000 SL/ DISCOVER IT $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/

SOCK DRAWERED & SOON TO CLOSE / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700

Message 7 of 13
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your NF Flagship CLI🎉🎉🎉

Message 8 of 13
titancylinder
Frequent Contributor

@Drodr11 wrote:

3 months ago right after I last posted about my BILT approval I applied for the Navy Flagship card and got approved for a $7k starting limit. Following the 91/3 rule I applied for an $8k CLI and was countered for $6k (shows up automatically and still a soft pull). This was about 3 days ago. 

I decided to take the chance and apply for the Navy platinum to continue building my personal CL and was approved for $25k automatically. I did have one direct deposit hit the account, have both savings and checking with them; also have a flex CD. 

I was feeling lucky and as I'm not working on any SUB's I applied for the WF autograph Journey, got an automatic denial (waiting for the letter). Experian F8 is 681 and F9 is at 697, not sure which one they pulled yet. 

I've also been denied CLI's on Synchrony Amazon and Lowe's, Bilt card, and Discover. I guess I'll be gardening for now and continue trying to get CLI's on these cards, although I am considering another Amex business card to churn since nothing else is on the table. 

Congrats on your approvals. Navy FCU ftw. 

Wells does not factor in deposit accounts when handing credit out. There's several board members that have called and asked them about that. 

If you wish to leverage your account balances I would suggest moving to BoA since there's real value there. Up to 75% increases in credit card rewards for people who have a 1 million plus in a deposit or investment account. Which in some cases comes out to be over 5%  cash back. 

Nevertheless, congrats! 

Fico Scores: F9 EQ 791 TU 782 EX 768 (Aug 2024 updated)
Virtually slap me if I apply for anything else before August 2026 and remind me I'll never get my U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite.
In garden from July 27th 2024 to August 2026.
New Accounts: 6/12 11/24. DTI less than 5%. TCL Personal 333,163. Auto loan: SETF (estimated) initially owed 47000 / Current 32000 owed @ 60 months / 3.75% / April 2023 origination
Message 9 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU CLI and approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (September 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.