Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Flagship Rewards Approval with Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Flagship Rewards Approval with Data Points

I was approved for the NFCU CashRewards for $1,000 back in June. I have been waiting patiently for my 91/3 to apply for my 2nd NFCU card. I was deciding between the Platinum or the Flagship Rewards. Decided to go for the Flagship Rewards because of the new 50k points signup bonus for $4k spend. I was not very confident about my approval odds for the Flagship Rewards with my low score and a bunch of baddies. What the heck, it just a HP. Click Apply and the circle seem to spin like forever. Approved for $15,000! Wow, speechless! Double my total credit limit of my existing 5 revolvers from $14.5k to $29.5k. APR is 17.24%, on the high end for Navy Federal, but beggers can't be choosers.

Data Points:flagship.png

TU Hard pull

Fico 9 TU 642

Inquiry: 3 TU, 5 EX, 2 EQ

Accounts: 6 in last 3 months, 6 in last 24 months

AAoA: 3 years 6 months

AoOA: 13 years 1 month (2 student loans)

UTI: 35%, mostly from Charge Off accounts

Income: $63k

Baddies: 8 Charge offs 6 years old, 3 Collections 6 years old

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship Rewards Approval with Data Points

15k on TU 642 is amazingSmiley Happy CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Flagship approval and amazing SL!

I just received approval on my 2nd NFCU card as well.  My first NFCU card was the Cash Rewards @ $1k SL. 

I now have the More Rewards Amex @ $15k SL!  This was after right after meeting the 91/3 rule. 

So far, I LOVE NFCU!!!!

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great post, Steve. Thanks for all the DPs.

And Congrats! on an excellent SL. Wow!

Message 4 of 31
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval.... NFCU Strikes againSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
15k on TU 642 is amazingSmiley Happy CongratsSmiley Happy

Thank you. Yeah, I couldn't believe my eyes. Had to double and triple check the number. lol

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your Flagship approval and amazing SL!

@I just received approval on my 2nd NFCU card as well.  My first NFCU card was the Cash Rewards @ $1k SL. 

@I now have the More Rewards Amex @ $15k SL!  This was after right after meeting the 91/3 rule. 

So far, I LOVE NFCU!!!!

Nice! Congrats to you as well. I guess they like giving $1k and then $15k on 2nd card. Man LOL

Did you try for a CLI on your Cash Rewards? I just got shot down on my CLI request.

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDFinance wrote:
Congrats on the approval.... NFCU Strikes againSmiley Happy

Thank you! Yeah, I love NFCU! Smiley Very Happy

I see you broke out of the garden and got your PenFed Platinum Rewards already. I wish PenFed would give me something besides the $500 OLOC. Guess, I will have to wait longer until my badies go away. 

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I have not tried the CLI on the Cash Rewards yet.  Info on here suggests more success to wait 6 months for first CLI so, that is what I am doing.  Weird that you can get a huge SL 2nd card easier than a nice CLI on 1st card.  But I am certainly not complaining.  ;-) 

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No, I have not tried the CLI on the Cash Rewards yet.  Info on here suggests more success to wait 6 months for first CLI so, that is what I am doing.  Weird that you can get a huge SL 2nd card easier than a nice CLI on 1st card.  But I am certainly not complaining.  ;-) 

Yeah, I saw all the data points for 6 months for CLI, but just wanted to test the water. I should have waited for 6 months. Definitely can't complain about $16k total for 2 cards. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.