Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU GoRewards Approved thank you!

You GO reward yo selfSmiley Happy😁

Message 11 of 38
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

@CaptRon wrote:

since BK on 4/17/15 I've been on a slow paced recovery to low rate credit. THANK YOU ALL! It wouldn't be possible w/o you! 

some DP's from myfico 3 report 11/15

All are MyFico

Fico 8

EQ 654   TU 639  EX  668

Fico 8 bankcard

EQ 651  TU 645   EX  667

Fico 9

EQ  661   TU 690  EX  684

Fico 9 bankcard

EQ  673    TU 690  EX  683

10% UT

inquires EQ 1     TU 1     EX  2

no collections (dispute open w/Verizon from 11/19)

BK 4/17/15 only lates are the one month on accounts discharged then.

currently have

Cap One Platinum MC $0/$1,000 sl

Credit 1 $337/$800 SL (statement hadn't cut before app no$36/$800)

Credit1 $0/$1,750

Cap1 auto @ 15% reporting $4,700/$14,500

(has been pd off should report next month)

New 9/20 Cap 1 Auto @9.87% $23,580/$24,400 (wii refi next few months)

Now for why I'm doing the Happy Dance 🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻 this morning:

Applied on Friday for membership with NFCU via telephone, had grandfather's serial number and DD214 on hand was never asked for. Opened checking & savings, deposit $100 in each. After the great CSR walked me through the app and I got off the phone app for GoRewards this was 6pm central time Friday afternoon. Received the 24-48 hour message and very impatiently waited, i.e., scouring the forum to see if I should call to get update, refreshing the app, logging on with PC etc.

Finally this morning received a text congratulations you're approved. Nothing else, nothing showing on the app nor website, so I called in.

$3,000SL @ 12.99%
I'm ecstatic 🕺🏻🤸‍♀️🎉!

Thank you Navy Federal and thank you all here in myFico!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

You give me hope!  I applied on Friday and was finally approved for membership today after sending in my documents.  

Tonight I applied for the CashRewards CC and also got the same message so laughed at your "very impatiently waited, i.e., scouring the forum to see if I should call to get update, refreshing the app, logging on with PC etc."

I should be cleaning the house because my son is coming home from Grad school tomorrow... instead, I'm glued to my laptop and FicoForums!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 12 of 38
CaptRon
New Contributor

Thank you so much.

It's crazy the anxiety one has. From what I've read here they pull from TU9 or EQ9, Fico 9 anyway my Fico 9's are higher than my 8's but understand it varies by the person?

Congrates on the Graduate school baby, your membership & hopefull a congrats on your new card. 

Message 13 of 38
CaptRon
New Contributor

such a newb I've not figured out how to Update jus post w/o repeating myself. 

Question if anyone knows; will I have to wait to recieve my card and activate before seeing on my Navy dashboard?

I can't see a chat button on there nor does my card show up when I go to account management and hit the love button, only asks me to apply.

Guess a phone call is due tomorrow to find out, was hoping to request a CLI using the same HP from card app?

Thanks in advance for your help. Thanks for all the Kudos and everyones support.

Spreading the Love!

Message 14 of 38
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@CaptRon wrote:

Question if anyone knows; will I have to wait to recieve my card and activate before seeing on my Navy dashboard?

I don't recall the time frame for it to show up on your online portal. Perhaps, give it a week or two?

@CaptRon wrote:

Guess a phone call is due tomorrow to find out, was hoping to request a CLI using the same HP from card app?

You will be eligible for a CLI or another card at 91 days and 3 full statements from last approval. Before that, it will be instant denial. It is recommended to go for a 2nd card first before the CLI request on the first card.

For your reading pleasure. Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Message 15 of 38
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new Navy card and GL with your rebuild !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 16 of 38
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU Go Rewards approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 17 of 38
CaptRon
New Contributor

Thank You AllZero, thank you

Message 18 of 38
AllZero
Mega Contributor

You are welcome. Good Luck!

Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! It's always so exciting to get a new Navy card! You did great!

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.