cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU GoRewards and CashRewards DENIAL but then something unexpected happened

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU GoRewards and CashRewards DENIAL but then something unexpected happened

@Total80sKid wrote:
@Anonymous

The only way I know of that got you in without directly being eligible was through the San Diego chapter, but they closed that way in back in May.

Yikes, I was not aware of that.  A lot of the threads Ive been reading after my recent return were old ones I was using search terms for, so I reckon that's why Ive seen it mentioned a few times since my return.  If I come across something else other than my "human chain" method, I will let you know.  But I did grin at "way back in May".  I need some sleep.  

Message 11 of 27
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU GoRewards and CashRewards DENIAL but then something unexpected happened

Congrats on the Navy approvals

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not have to show proof of income for neither of the approvals. I believe they can view and validate my income because I have a recurring biweekly direct deposit from my employer to that checking account as well as other deposits totalling $1k a month from other sources. I also have an auto loan and personal loan through NFCU, I've had the account for about 3 years but never new about the CLOC and didn't know how generous they were with CCs until recently.

My credit is by no means perfect, I have a $920 charged off/written as a loss FP CC and a PIF charge off from Capital One lingering on my CR but I do plan to take care of the FP CO here soon.
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations.
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I did not have to show proof of income for neither of the approvals. I believe they can view and validate my income because I have a recurring biweekly direct deposit from my employer to that checking account as well as other deposits totalling $1k a month from other sources. I also have an auto loan and personal loan through NFCU, I've had the account for about 3 years but never new about the CLOC and didn't know how generous they were with CCs until recently.

My credit is by no means perfect, I have a $920 charged off/written as a loss FP CC and a PIF charge off from Capital One lingering on my CR but I do plan to take care of the FP CO here soon.

How simple was the personal loan application, if you don't mind me asking? I have a CC with them currently, but was planning on taking out 25K late this fall. Now I'm wondering if a CLOC will be easier to achieve.

I haven't seen too many people here talk about Navy personal loans.

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How simple was the personal loan application, if you don't mind me asking? I have a CC with them currently, but was planning on taking out 25K late this fall. Now I'm wondering if a CLOC will be easier to achieve.

It was VERY easy and simple, the application is very similar to the credit card application. Do you use their checking accounts at all? I didn't have to verify income at all, though I've heard of instances where they do but I guess that's with people that doesn't bank with them regularly as their main account maybe? I was instantly approved, I choose to pick up at my local NFCU. I basically applied 3-4AM and picked it up at 8AM when they opened after signing a few documents at the branch. They gave me a bank check and I deposited it there at the bank. 

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It was VERY easy and simple, the application is very similar to the credit card application. Do you use their checking accounts at all? I didn't have to verify income at all, though I've heard of instances where they do but I guess that's with people that doesn't bank with them regularly as their main account maybe? I was instantly approved, I choose to pick up at my local NFCU. I basically applied 3-4AM and picked it up at 8AM when they opened after signing a few documents at the branch. They gave me a bank check and I deposited it there at the bank. 

Thank you for answering!

No, I use them as a secondary checking account because there aren't any non-base branches where I live and Chase is much more convenient. About 30% of my pay is direct deposited through it, so I probably will have to show POI, which isn't a problem at all. I plan on using Navy more as rainy day checking and savings and for roth ira.

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly I have heard great approval stories on credit and loan approvals for people who open accounts within 24 hours so I am assuming as long as you show a POI when they request it they will approve if they see fit. My auto loan with them is in the $30k range and they still didn't ask for POI.

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly I have heard great approval stories on credit and loan approvals for people who open accounts within 24 hours so I am assuming as long as you show a POI when they request it they will approve if they see fit. My auto loan with them is in the $30k range and they still didn't ask for POI.

Thanks for that data point!  For reasons not easy to explain, I prefer to avoid a POI, and am trying to determine what triggers them with NFCU, and what is unlikely to trigger them.  All of this data is useful. thanks.

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for that data point!  For reasons not easy to explain, I prefer to avoid a POI, and am trying to determine what triggers them with NFCU, and what is unlikely to trigger them.  All of this data is useful. thanks.

Not a problem! My opinion is to get an income flowing regardless of the source and have it consistently deposited into your NFCU checking account. I am a heavy spender when it comes to cash and I reach <$150 multiple times a month so I am sure they see this but regardless they did not ask for any further documentation of POI, etc. I have multiple ACH deposits coming in through out each from via Venmo from my SO splitting rent and utilities, etc to them they may see this as income even though it is not disposable for me to use as a payment towards any of my lines of credit. If it helps any with all the credit I have with NFCU, my taxable income is about $40k a year. 

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.