cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU NRewards and 6 month secured loan! Time to garden up!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU NRewards and 6 month secured loan! Time to garden up!

Hey all!

I applied for a NFCU cash rewards a couple weeks ago and unfortunately no dice. I even tried to recon and no luck. I was on the fence with contuining to build my credit for 6-8 months and try again but wanted to build my relationship with NFCU so bad (Just started my membership end of December). My final card before gardening had to be an NFCU card, secured or not!

I set up a $500 secured loan, no pull on credit but will report.

Also applied for the NRewards and approved $500 w/ $500 locked from my savings.

My plan is to pay off the 6 month installment to show NFCU good faith, and keep my secured card under 20% UTI for 13 months hopefully graduating. 

By month 13 I should have my bad debts paid off and will definitely be aiming for a CLOC and a NFCU Cash / Go Rewards as my credit should be a lot better.

I've heard great things about NFCU and I'm glad to add the pretty blue NRewards card Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU NRewards and 6 month secured loan! Time to garden up!

I like it! Glad you have some realistic expectations that this can take time.

Robot Very Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s great when people have a strategy and plan. Major kudos!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Good strategy worked out to.  Take care of Navy and believe me they will take care of you!  Welcome to Navy Federal. 

Message 4 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sounds like a great plan! You're doing it right, and Navy likes history, so treat them well, and you'll be rewarded done the road! They are awesome!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals!! Sounds like you have a solid plan to stick to. Navy will grow with you as your old problems get older
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.