Re: NFCU Platinum Approval

Congrats!!!

Message 21 of 30
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZeroforgot 91/3   .. some salesman .. lost commission on that oneSmiley LOL

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional...

JK

@M_Smart007  Oops, I be slipping. Smiley Tongue

Message 22 of 30
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@CreditobsessedinFL wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@8bitmachinegun   Mark your calendar 1 year from now. Each Navy card is eligible for APR reduction on anniversary date.

Thank you for this 💎! 

@CreditobsessedinFL   I learned about it here on myFICO!

Message 23 of 30
Highlighted
Epic Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional...

JK

@AllZero  Definitely "Slip sliding"upside down animated-smileys-waving-006.gif

popcorn eating emoticon.gif

Message 24 of 30
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

JK

@AllZero  Definitely "Slip sliding"upside down animated-smileys-waving-006.gif

Actually almost spit out my 🍷 on this one, I ❤️  y'all! 

Message 25 of 30
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

OK, I just got my credit score back from NFCU, and I almost dropped my phone when I saw the credit score of 305. What the hey??

After my initial panic, I looked at the explainer below the score and it said the range of scores was from 100 to 450. That surely is NOT a FICO score range. What scoring model is NFCU using for their credit cards?

FICO8 - Aug 2020
FICO9 - Aug 2019
Message 26 of 30
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@8bitmachinegun wrote:

OK, I just got my credit score back from NFCU, and I almost dropped my phone when I saw the credit score of 305. What the hey??

After my initial panic, I looked at the explainer below the score and it said the range of scores was from 100 to 450. That surely is NOT a FICO score range. What scoring model is NFCU using for their credit cards?

That's their internal score. I think you're good to go. Especially, with your starting limit as an indicator.

Message 27 of 30
Highlighted
Epic Contributor

@8bitmachinegun wrote:

NFCU 305 internal score is fairly decent .. FWIW

popcorn eating emoticon.gif

Message 28 of 30
Highlighted
Established Member

Congrats on the approval & SL! Still working on my Platinum limit. Slowly but surely!

So close!

Message 29 of 30
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

After poking around a bit, it appears that the Platinum MC is eligible for some rewards. I thought the Plat was just a plain old credit card, with low interest being it's main draw. After all, I told the NFCU CSR I wanted the card "with few features, but a low interest rate." But now that it seems I can get rewards, I'm having a bit of trouble parsing how to be eligible for cash back.

From exploring the NFCU site it looks like you can get cash back if you order from:

https://memberdeals.navyfederal.org

Is that the only way to get cash back? I know online retail is the wave of the future (well, the present too), but I'd like the option at brick and mortar stores too.

FICO8 - Aug 2020
FICO9 - Aug 2019
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.