cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Testimonial

tag
Finendandy2

NFCU Testimonial

I feel compelled to share my post BK7 and NFCU testimonial and hope others reading will benefit from it as I have from reading other posters comments.  Thank you to all the forum members for posting their BK experience and helping me to navigate the post BK labyrinth.

March 2017 - BK7 Discharged

April 2017 - Approved for Credit One Visa with $500 LoC  (credit score around 675)

August 2018 - Approved for Navy Federal Cash rewards $1000 LoC (Credit Score around 685)

July 2019 - Approved for Navy Federal Platinum $25K LoC (Credit Score low 700s) (7.99% Interest rate)

July 2019 - NFCU Cash Rewards CLI to $3000

Oct 2019 - Approved for Navy Federal Flagship $25K LoC (Credit Score 730ish)

Oct 2019 - Navy Federal Platinum CLI to $33K

Oct 2019 - Consolidated NFCU credit cards into NFCU Flagship card with $61K LoC (11.99% interest rate)

Some random thoughts:

• Gratitude to Credit One for being the first to extend credit to me following BK7.  Appreciative they gave me a chance to rebuild my credit.  Although, I did cancel the card once I recieved several other higher quality cards but still grateful to Credit One.
  • Love NFCU
  • I have several other cards i.e. Capital One Venture, Discover, Florida Credit Union but NFCU Flagship is really the only card I use.
  • Love NFCU
  • This forum was a wealth of information as I was considering BK7 and throughout the whole process.  Lots of good information on here.
  • There is life after BK
  • Have I mentioned how much I love NFCU?
  • Amazed at how quickly credit score went back up following BK7.  If you find yourself in unmanageable debt stop the bleeding immediately and file BK.  Recovery won't start until you address the problem at hand.
  • After falling 90 days behind on CC payments I pulled the trigger on BK7.  I believe quickly deciding to file BK7 has helped my score recover quicker.

Thank you everyone and hope someone reading this will benefit as I did by reading others post.  All the best.....Btw have I mentioned how much I love NFCU?  Lol

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU Testimonial

Congratulations on your approvals! However, show gratitude, you forgot to mention how much you ❤ Navy Federal Credit Union. 😉 j/k.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's amazing. Congrats!!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations. Nice credit profile. But I have a question...you were approved for 2 NFCU in July 2019? I thought we had to wait 91/3 to apply for a 2nd card? I applied last month and have the NFCU AMEX CARD but I want to apply for the Platinum card too. Should I wait for 91/3 or pull trigger now?
Message 4 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ It was CLI Credit Limit Increase.

Navy will auto deny if you haven't reached 91 days and 3 statements.
Message 5 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I think Navy loves you

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 11
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Go Navy.jpg

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 7 of 11
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Very inspiring post! Congrats OP!!

Message 8 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

CongratsHeart!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 11
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your progress

....and Nicely Done👍👍

Continued success on your rebuild journey🤞😇

I❤️NY

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.