cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU approval, about fainted (micro app spree?)

tag
Remi1
Contributor

NFCU approval, about fainted (micro app spree?)

Yesterday I got approved for Lowes at 2k, called in about 30 minutes later because of the luck everyone on here has had with doing that and said it wasn't enough for what I planned on spending and asked for it to be raised to 10k and they happily obliged. (Also posted approval thread about it.)

Today, I was looking again at becoming a member with NFCU, as I had looked into it a couple months ago but never tried. My husband had opened banking accounts with them back in 2011 but they eventually were closed for inactivity (he stopped using them as he started using another bank and just never closed them out). Well today I got my husband to call and they quickly and easily reopened them, so he is again a member and his account says "member since 2011". I then joined online as a member with him as my "sponsor" and approved right away. Opened checking and savings. Neither of us had any HPs associated with either him reopening/re-establishing membership, or me becoming a member. Nor did they ask for any documentation. My main reason for getting in with them was to be able to apply for CCs because of the cc rewards and generous huge limits I've seen them give out. I applied for the More Rewards card about 30 minutes after setting up my membership/checking/savings, and was approved for 15k SL! We about passed out. They did HP TU for that. 

As noted in my previous Lowes approval post from yesterday, which also pulled TU, my TU is my lowest score at 645, I had no inqs aside from now Lowes inq from yesterday, and my newest account was opened 3 years ago... well, yesterday, but that isn't showing yet Smiley Tongue

Back to the garden I happily go!

28 REPLIES 28
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU approval, about fainted (micro app spree?)

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 29
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 3 of 29
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 29
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your NFCU More Rewards card approval -and- Lowe's card approval and CLI . . . that's fantastic!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I told you that you wouldn't regret going with NFCU, congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 29
Remi1
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I told you that you wouldn't regret going with NFCU, congrats! Smiley Happy

Yes, thank you! You were that final nudge I needed! Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remi1 wrote:

Yes, thank you! You were that final nudge I needed! Smiley LOL

Glad to be of assistance! That's a pretty sweet limit for a first card with them too. Lots of people who got $1K for their first card are very jealous right now. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 29
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your sweet Navy approval! 🎉

Message 9 of 29
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet, grats on getting in with NFCU and the very nice SL approval Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.