Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU credit card approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU credit card approved!

Just wanna say that this forum and the people putting out information on here are very knowledgeable and helpful in all things credit! Been struggling with my credit for some time after getting in the hole with my credit cards. Started off with a firstprogress secured card with a CL of 300$ about 5 years ago. Worked the system and built my credit up. Then, about 3 years ago applied for a Capital One Venture and was approved with a SL of 10,000$. Also got a Discover IT card the same day with a SL of 2,000$ ( got 2 cli for a cl of 3,400$). Since then, got 2 more cards. One with my credit union through Elan financial for 2,000$ as well as a Chase Freedom Unlimited with a 500$ cl. With my utilization being high on all cards, causing my score to drop, I have been having trouble getting approved for a card so I could attempt a balance transfer to lower my interest rates. But, with the info I got from reading a lot of threads in here, I decided to check out NFCU and open an account with them to see if they would be a little more generous. Well, wouldn’t you know... I applied for the Platinum Card and was approved with a SL of 1000$ and a 12.7 interest rate! While this is not a high enough amount to do my balance transfers, I do believe it to be a start. I plan on using the card and paying off the balance every month for 3 months and then will try for the cli and hope they give me a good increase. Just wanted to say thanks to all you out there sharing your knowledge with newbies like myself trying to work on my credit!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU credit card approved!

Welcome to the myFICO forums!

Outstanding Job!!!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome and congratulations on your approval! So many things to learn here on the forum. I am still learning. Enjoy your new relationship with NFCU. They are the best!

Message 3 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!  As you said, it's a start with them and will continue to grow.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!

Message 6 of 11
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Welcome to My Fico!  Welcome.gif

Congrats!!  NFCU is an awesome CU!! 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your NFCU approval!

Message 8 of 11
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval..... NFCU is amazing Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
YoungB718
New Contributor

Welcome to the crew and congrats on the progress.  Treat NavyFed well and they'll definitely return the favor.  Best of luck my friend.

PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa: $10k|| PenFed Travel AMEX: $5k|| NAVCHEK: $15k|| US Bank Cash+ : $10k|| Citi Thank You Preferred: $9.7k|| Lowes: $35k|| PenFed Promise Visa: $11.5k|| Navy Federal Platinum: $22k|| Navy Federal GoRewards: $25k || PenFed LOC: $5k|| Capital One Venture: $15k || Barclay Reward Visa: $2.7K|| Chase Freedom: $10K|| Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10k|| Chase Freedom Ult'd: $6.8k Boscov’s: $11.5K|| PenFed Thrifty Credit: $500|| Discover IT: $2,800|| Wells Fargo Cash Wise: 8.8k||
Beginning Score:600 / Current Scores: EQ-735, TU-744, EX-744
Goal Score:800 Across

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.