Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal GoRewards Approved!!

tag
confuzed
Established Member

Navy Federal GoRewards Approved!!

So after the Denial of there Flagship card. (Said I didn't meet minimum limit) I applied for the GoRewards Card, and was approved for 1K limit. Here is my question, In order to build relationship do I have to actually use this card? I have cards with limits upwards of 40k so clearly this card wont be at the front of my wallet. Hoping to in the future be approved for a card with them with a much Higher limit.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy Federal GoRewards Approved!!

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval, from what I have read in the forums for the average person their 2nd card or CLI is normally a very nice amount.

Message 3 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I'd recommend putting at least a charge on it to activate the card. Then, you can choose to apply for your 2nd card at 91 days and 3 statements.
Message 4 of 13
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congrats on approval
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the card for a few small items on the regular. It can't hurt and it may help. Navy values relationships.

I love, love, LOVED the heck out of my cash Rewards card (my first Navy card @ 1K) and 91 days later Navy rewarded me with a 17K limit on their AMEX card. (And as I think I told you in another thread, I have low income and high util!)

A family member (with a far higher credit score than mine, but also low income) got a Platinum with about 3K on her first card. She was faithful at paying off the balance. 91+ days later she got 12K on her second card. She wasn't showing the same zeal for Navy as I was, but she was showing steady and reliable behavior. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

All DPs point to the second card being the more generous SL with NFCU. I’d at least put some use on the card to show you’re responsible with them, and they will reward you
Message 7 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 13
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS @confuzed on your Navy Federal GoRewards approval! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 9 of 13
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@confuzed wrote:

So after the Denial of there Flagship card. (Said I didn't meet minimum limit) I applied for the GoRewards Card, and was approved for 1K limit. Here is my question, In order to build relationship do I have to actually use this card? I have cards with limits upwards of 40k so clearly this card wont be at the front of my wallet. Hoping to in the future be approved for a card with them with a much Higher limit.

Thanks in advance for the input.

I would recon and send them a SM and advise them to take a second look at your credit report and note all of your accounts with higher limits. I recently did this after being denied for a Flagship Card and ended up getting approved for 21.2K. Don't settle! 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
@ 1.74
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.