Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG I’m back with AMEX

tag
blazerein
Established Contributor

OMG I’m back with AMEX

After getting approved with Discover IT last night I decided to check Amex no offers at all just cold app since I know I’m blacklisted as I burned them 5 years ago but all paid and settled. I tried the Green the easy one (I know it’s not the popular card) just to see and to my surprise I was Approved... WOW 2 days in a row with my low EX score. I tried a revolver after that but was declined due to of course my FICO low score. That’s fine since I just want to get back with Amex and will try a revolver in 2 months. Just excited, thanks for all the help guys.
AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG I’m back with AMEX

Congrats on the approval, blaze! Smiley Happy

I'll be honest with you: I did not think American Express even approved those with scores in the 500s. 

Looks like your re-build is going really well. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blazerein wrote:
After getting approved with Discover IT last night I decided to check Amex no offers at all just cold app since I know I’m blacklisted as I burned them 5 years ago but all paid and settled. I tried the Green the easy one (I know it’s not the popular card) just to see and to my surprise I was Approved... WOW 2 days in a row with my low EX score. I tried a revolver after that but was declined due to of course my FICO low score. That’s fine since I just want to get back with Amex and will try a revolver in 2 months. Just excited, thanks for all the help guys.

Super Congrats on your Amex Green approval! Smiley Very Happy

You should be very proud of yourself. Not only did you patch things up

with Amex, but they're giving you a second chance to make a really good

impression by approving you for the Green card. So care and feed it well,

and over time there will be lots more where that came from. Very well done! Smiley Very Happy

BTW, Amex Green offers a Pay Over Time (POT) feature just like the PRG.

So don't worry about being declined for an Amex revolver. Take good care

of your Amex Green and the POT will provide you with the best of both worlds

combined in one card. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats again on your Amex approval. Thanks so much for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 12
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval, blaze! Smiley Happy

I'll be honest with you: I did not think American Express even approved those with scores in the 500s. 

Looks like your re-build is going really well. Smiley Wink

2nd this...   so good job to you and congrats!!!  

Message 4 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amazing approvalSmiley Happy. Unheard of to get an Amex in the 500's. I did same thing coming off blacklist, tried using green as the first play around. Lol i feel your shock as i was floored too. I believe though POT has to be offered in order to use it.
Message 5 of 12
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and getting back into the Amex Family!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 12
blazerein
Established Contributor

Thanks all, the only current with my score is EX with 634. So on a back to back night it was pulled by Disco and Amex...both approved. My lucky 634.
AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 7 of 12
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 8 of 12
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

@blazerein wrote:

Congratulations.  At the 1 year mark look for AMEX to offer MR's to upgrade to the Gold. 

Happy.gif 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting back in with Amex! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.