Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Max Achievement Unlocked

tag
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

PenFed Max Achievement Unlocked

Welp! I finally made it.

After being a customer with PenFed for the past 4 years and being stuck at a 20k limit on my PowerCash Rewards Card (because I didn't want a HP increase), I finally broke thru the TurboTax purgatory and got an offer: 30k on a new card. I didn't want a new card so I called in to be assured this application would be a SP (it was) and to ask if the new limit could be added to my existing card. They said when I applied that the system would ask me if I wanted to add the limit to an existing account. Indeed it did, but this is where the problem started.

PenFed supposedly is no longer giving CLs above 25k on one card and has a TCL of 50k for all cards. Why did I get an offer for 30k on a new card then? They blamed the 30k offer on a "glitch," with an "old system." After numerous phone calls and 13 days later, I logged in to see the following on my existing account. They had to make an exception for me. Smiley Happy

So here it is! Maybe one of the last single cards to have a limit above 25k!

penfed.jpg

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PenFed Max Achievement Unlocked

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 2 of 35
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 3 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RicHowe don't let @CreditCuriosity see this post!!! Smiley Sad We will never hear the end of it Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 35
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@RicHowe  .. Congratulations on your American Express Penfed CLISmiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 35
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@RicHowedon't let @CreditCuriosity see this post!!! Smiley Sad We will never hear the end of it Smiley Happy

@Anonymous, Trouble maker!!! .. and here I thought about @AverageJoesCredit HP littered reports.

Oh well, it was only a "Promise" anyhowSmiley Surprised .. Poor guySmiley Sad <violin music gif>

Message 6 of 35
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

Good stuff!  Congrats. 

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 7 of 35
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your SP CLI.   all depends when you joined whether a card is allowed to go above 50k, etc if you are "grandfathered" in...  Also there are exceptions oto every rule as well and can be overridden if the right people get involved.  Enjoy you nice new one card big limit!  I have 30k on one and 12k on another and a 1k CLOC.  I to have not wanted to take a HP to get to 50k max exposure with them so been waiting for the "offer" if it ever comes.

Message 8 of 35
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

absolutely Schneesheeness at its bestSmiley Wink 🤑

Message 9 of 35
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.