Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Pathfinder approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Pathfinder approval

I was looking for a cheap/free travel card that had the TSA pre-check credit since I already have a travel card I love (Altitude Reserve) but need to get the pre-check for my SO. Since I have the PenFed Access America checking, this card has no AF.  I also wanted this card because I applied for it 2 years ago and was denied for insufficient income, and I don't like being denied!

So this time I was approved instantly for $15,000. For the record, my stated income was $44,000 and it was not much different 2 years ago. EQ Fico9 was 788, and I was 0/6 and 2/12 for new accounts.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed Pathfinder approval

Congratulations 🎉🎊🎈 on your approval.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 22
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 4 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your pathfinder approval Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 22
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval @Anonymous!

I am actuall very happy to have read your post because I have been considering the USBank AR for quite sometime but I did not wish to have any of their other card offerings.  I was approved then, almost instantly, denied for a checking and saving account with UsBank due to opening too many accounts.   

I think those are great reasons to obtain a card that will benefit you... and your SO.

You have a great SL, what is the apr PenFed is extending to you?

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit4Growth wrote:

You have a great SL, what is the apr PenFed is extending to you?

16.99%, I think the range is 14.99-17.99

I don't really give a thought about APR since I don't carry a balance. I have the Navy plat if I ever need a low rate

Message 7 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 8 of 22
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I've read quite a bit about this...glad this time around it worked in your favor!   That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 9 of 22
Getty59
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval! 👍

NFCU More Rewards: $23,100

NFCU Cash Rewards: 25,000

Capital One Venture: $10,250
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.