cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Power Cash Rewards Approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Power Cash Rewards Approval!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have not been as good of a girl as I've wanted. I was reading about PenFed and decided I would go ahead and take the chance. Signed up for membership, checking and savings. While on the phone with the rep went ahead and applied for the Power Cash Rewards and instant approval for SL $5500! I am in absolute shock and so so happy! I swear I am in the garden after this. Yes, yes I've said that before but seriously I am doing really well right now and I do not want to ruin my upward swing Smiley Happy

Data points

Not sure which they pulled EQ Fico Bankcard 8 is 733 Fico 9 is 756

A buttload of inqu 23

AAoA 1 year

No baddies 100% payment history

Congrats; PenFed pulls Equifax FICO 9.

You should be receiving a survey from them in a few days.  If you indicated that you were dissatisfied with your SL you may be able to get it changed to the $10K limit now in effect for new members.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Do you know if they pull Fico 8 or 9?

Message 12 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Outstanding job ADSmiley Happy. Luvin the buttload of inqsSmiley Wink. I'd like to give PF a buttload of something else but THAT is neither here nor thereSmiley Happy

AJ your responses always crack me up! Are you not a PenFed fan? I have to say I was shocked because I am a member of Navy and they have not been as generous giving me credit. I do have a $12,500 cloc with them but I had to go the secured card route. Hopefully I will start to feel the love with them as well. As always thanks for the humerous and kind reply!

Lol, I trySmiley Wink. Yeah I'm no fan of PF  but I guess it's because of my experience with them . Hoped for more but realize that if you make low income, Credit Unions really dont want to fit in  with my profile.  Am glad that others do get good experiences  ,  we all have to find joy somewhereSmiley Happy.  Navy can be weird too as some people just can't catch a break  either so  hopefully they will hook you up there one daySmiley Happy

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really MaizeandBlue? I will certainly do that. Thanks for the heads up🙂
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mandm I believe they pull fico 9
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @anikinsdarling!

I have built a great relationship with NFCU beginning a year ago yesterday, but I have been hesitant to open one with Penfed because my EQ is my lowest Fico 8 score at 646, that said, oddly, my Fico 9 is 720 something! So if they are pulling a 9 and not an 8, I may be in good shape!

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually my EQ Fico 9 is 733

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually my EQ Fico 9 is 733

What does the rest of your profile look like? Any baddies? If not I would say go for it. Call them up and open a checking account and apply on the phone with the rep! I also applied for the Amex with them as all apps are on the same initial hard pull for 60 days so I went ahead and applied for both cards. That one is under review. But hey even if I dont get that one I am happy as a pig in mud! Please let me know if you decide to take the plunge and how it goes for you Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AD

I just applied for membership and was approved. Now trying to decide which card to go for...

I have a TU: 713 and EX: 669 - No baddies and 100% payment... I too have a "buttload" of inquiries!

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AD...

I pulled the trigger on the Power Cash and BAM... Instant approval $10,000 SL! Wahooo

Credit Card Account

PenFed Power Cash Rewards®

• Application StatusApproved
  • Variable APR16.74%
  • Credit Line$10,000.00
  • Cash Back1.5%
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.