cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Power Cash Rewards Card approved for $42,000 ! Holy moly!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Power Cash Rewards Card approved for $42,000 ! Holy moly!

I have applied twice in the past, but was denied. About 6 months ago they approved me for a personal loan of $25,000 so a couple of days ago I reapplied for a credit card and was approved for $42,000!!! You could have knocked me over with a feather. 

We have a combined household income of $240k and my FICO score is 729. 

It is my highest card. NavyFed is my second highest at $25k. I am at 2% of credit usage with an AAOA of 5 years and oldest account 15 years ago. One baddie of a late pay to my student loans 4 years ago. A lot of inquiries and new accounts over the last two years (sorry about the bold--my tablet is not letting me take it off).IMG_0898.JPG

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Power Cash Rewards Card approved for $42,000 ! Holy moly!

GOOD LAAAAAWWWWWWWDDDDD! Congratulations! Crushed it! 

Message 2 of 34
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

WOWZERS

Did you apply jointly? I know Penfed only let's you use individual income for apps ( which ticks me off lol)

Congrats that is an awesome SL

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I couldn't believe it! The interest is high, but as I hope to never carry a balance that shouldn't matter so much Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a nice Christmas present.  I've been a member for 20 months now and have never applied for any credit.  I'd be happy with a $1k Promise card.  You're light years ahead of me.

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I applied individually and put my portion of our income (we are team truck drivers). It then asked for any other source of income and I put in his half and stated it was my spouse's income. 

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that's what I call a good SL! Congratulations!

You deserve a bouquet for this one 💐
Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a few years ago my credit was really bad. The myfico forum helped me clean my credit up drastically. 

Message 8 of 34
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

No, I applied individually and put my portion of our income (we are team truck drivers). It then asked for any other source of income and I put in his half and stated it was my spouse's income. 

I am glad that worked for youSmiley Happy 

Anytime I have tried to put my dh's income, it states it RED that this income can not be from spouse??

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if their rules have changed? Because the last two times I applied the exact thing happened to me--told me I can't include my spouses income. I think before there was a drop down menu to select spouse income. Now there is just a box asking for another source of income and a box next it to explain source of income. I typed in spouse's income in that box. That is why I think their rules might have changed. 

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.