Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed PowerCash Pre Approval Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed PowerCash Pre Approval Offer

Hello everyone. I was browsing through my penfed account and noticed a pre-approval for a credit card for $50k. They were offering powercash or power rewards or promise. The offer was $50k at 11.74%.

I don't really need the card but it was a great offer with a large SL.

I went ahead and accepted it and it went through.. got a congrats notice and options on where to send card and how.. I chose express mail.for $15.

On my final step I needed to e-sign the loan docs but it kept going to error and logging me out.

I was hoping someone had some experience with the online application or if anyone had experienced something similar.

Thanks for your feedback.. this forum is awesome.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Penfed PowerCash Pre Approval Offer

Huge limit indeed.  Assume they are one of your FI if not main?  Care to share any stats such as your EQ score they provide etc?  Great limit and APR

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Pre Approval offer!!

I don't know about the error message, but if you keep having problems I would call a CSR at PenFed.

Do you have other credit cards or loans with PF?
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that’s a nice SL! Congratulations!
Message 4 of 17
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

I thought i read where Penfed changed how high the limit can be on one card to 25K grandfathered cards had higher limits than 25K did they change policy again?

Message 5 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

I thought i read where Penfed changed how high the limit can be on one card to 25K grandfathered cards had higher limits than 25K did they change policy again?

policies are an evolving thing.  It has changed again a few months back it appears.

Message 6 of 17
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

policies are an evolving thing.  It has changed again a few months back it appears.

I need to him them up then my PCR is camped out at 25K.

Message 7 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

call and validate first that can go above 25k as I am above, but was before the 25k cap rule went into place.  Better being safe than sorry, but believe the rule has changed as can be seen on this post and others on the forum.  Still nothing wrong with a recorded conservation over the phone to cover yourself 

Message 8 of 17
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone. I was browsing through my penfed account and noticed a pre-approval for a credit card for $50k. They were offering powercash or power rewards or promise. The offer was $50k at 11.74%.  I don't really need the card but it was a great offer with a large SL.

Congrats on your approval for a great card and absolute KILLER SL!

I had heard PenFed typically allowed total credit lines of $50K but not heard of anyone getting that on a preapproval SL out-of-the-gate! Smiley Happy 

Please do provide more DPs on your relationship with PF, scores, DTI, etc. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 9 of 17
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

call and validate first that can go above 25k as I am above, but was before the 25k cap rule went into place.  Better being safe than sorry, but believe the rule has changed as can be seen on this post and others on the forum.  Still nothing wrong with a recorded conservation over the phone to cover yourself 

Good advice.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.