Re: Penfed approval

Congrats!

>

>

Message 11 of 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on a PenFed New Approval!

Message 12 of 21
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@Sbrav77 Congrats on your PenFed Power Rewards approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 13 of 21
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your PenFed PCR approval! 

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking of going for PenFed since my EQ is clean and in the FICO8 in the 750s. Is it recommended to have a Checking or Savings? I have so many Checking/Savings that I am trying to avoid opening any new ones.

Message 15 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was thinking of going for PenFed since my EQ is clean and in the FICO8 in the 750s. Is it recommended to have a Checking or Savings? I have so many Checking/Savings that I am trying to avoid opening any new ones.

@Anonymous   If you obtain the PCR Power Cash Rewards it is a 1.5% cash back card. It becomes 2% cash back if you meet the requirements.

In general, for CUs, to retain the CC product, you have to be a member with at least $5 in a shares account.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll call them tomorrow to set that up because I had issues online.

Message 17 of 21
Demented1
Established Contributor

Congrats @Sbrav77 on your PenFed PCR approval...enjoy! Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 21
wambeezy
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval 🍾

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for penfed platium after being turned down a coyple of times over the last few years. But i started getting snail mail pre approval. But just threw them away since i heard that they were useless. I was told to wait until you see and offer on your account. So thats what i did. But i was still reluctant because i just got a 53  cash back card for 11500. But i pulled the trigger got the 24 to 48 hour message. But they didnt pull my report until the next day and i was approved for a nice sl of 10000. I might chill now. I got a few other cards i might close out now. Amex i dont need anymore. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.