Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent App Spree Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recent App Spree Success

So last year at this time, exactly a year, scores were sub 600 and was just learning about repairing credit etc. Through the knowledge of this board (lurked for a long time)...have been able to get to 730+ on all 3 CB’s. Started with the typical CO secured card, worked way up to a couple other small cards. Was finally confident enough to apply for some I felt that I wanted and honestly, didn’t know if I would have a shot at. Results

Citi Best Buy VISA- 2k SL. Not huge compared to what I see on here for some, but was happy

Discover IT Miles- 2k SL

Amex BCE 1k

Chase Freedom 4.3k

Chase Sapphire Preferred 7.2k

Was very happy with the Chase cards as I never would of imagined a year ago that I would have these.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes on this site, extremely helpful to so many people!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recent App Spree Success

Well executed build. Nice strategic card pickups (Re: Chase).
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approvals spree.. any inqs last 6 months or 12months

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job. No sweating the Best Buy, that's almost standard sl. You can grow it as neededSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was shocked with the CSP honestly. I kept under the 5/24 for the last year, waiting to apply for the Freedom. That one made 5/24. Then apped for Citi and then Discover and Amex.

Against my better judgement (or so I thought) I threw out an app for the CSP, honestly not planning on being approved due to recent apps etc. I was technically 7/24 (have 3 CO cards, platinum, QS1 and QS from a year ago) when I apped for CSP. Gave me 30 day message, 3 days ago. They called today for identification verification, took 5 minutes and was approved over phone. Was actually surprised, but was very glad. All I need for a good while. Will hibernate with these and let the dust settle.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the spree! You got some nice pickups!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.