Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon on Citi Costco - Update: Approved

tag
Im2snaz4u
Established Member

Recon on Citi Costco - Update: Approved

A few months ago I applied on Citi app & was approved. They gave me a choice and I picked the Citi double rewards. Started me with a 3200 SL. I go to Costco frequently & have figured out that they only take Visa! All my cards are MC & a Discover. So I wNt back on Citi to apply for the Costco card. I was denied bc of "too many inquiries", but it said if something on my report changes in next 60 days due to a dispute to call them and they wld re-evaluate my application. I called Experian and got 2 inquiries removed. I called Citi & told them. The lady said great, let me look. She pulled my credit AGAIN, and they were still there. She explained that sometimes it takes 30 days for it to show and told me to call Experian & ask how often they update those changes. They said 30 days. While on the phone with them I got 1 more inquiry removed. So I've gotten 3 removed. Should I call again? I've read that they don't have  to pull your credit again. Did I just not talk to the right person? Also I have email proof thT I had the 3 removed? I'm new to this so any help would be appreciated, 

Thanks!!

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

18 REPLIES 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Recon on Citi Costco..

Hello and welcome to myFICO

I suggest waiting the 30 days to make sure the inquiries were removed. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 19
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

Hello and welcome to myFICO

I suggest waiting the 30 days to make sure the inquiries were removed. 

+1 ^ ^ ^  ... asking again too quickly is often futile.  It does take time for the credit reporting bureaus (CRBs) to update your file and for CITI to pull the updated data.  Even in this electronic age, it's not all instantaneous.  Congrats on getting the inquires removed and welcome to My Fico forums! Smiley Happy

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 3 of 19
Im2snaz4u
Established Member

I'm sure you guys are right!! Lol, you know how it is, I want RIGHT NOW 😀. But I'll follow your sound advice and wait it out. Plus I can pay off a couple things (like my Discover which has 1500 of my 2500 sl used) and hopefully that will up my score a bit which might also help my chances when they pull again??  I originally asked bc I had seen some posts on here where ppl talked about them not pulling your report again and just looking at the one they initially pulled. But I'll wait, even tho it's killing me!! Lol

Message 4 of 19
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Im2snaz4u wrote:

I'm sure you guys are right!! Lol, you know how it is, I want RIGHT NOW 😀. But I'll follow your sound advice and wait it out. Plus I can pay off a couple things (like my Discover which has 1500 of my 2500 sl used) and hopefully that will up my score a bit which might also help my chances when they pull again??  I originally asked bc I had seen some posts on here where ppl talked about them not pulling your report again and just looking at the one they initially pulled. But I'll wait, even tho it's killing me!! Lol

P A T I E N C E,

G R A S S H O P P E R .... Smiley Wink

patience-young-grasshopper.jpg

Business Cards

Message 5 of 19
Im2snaz4u
Established Member

I GOT IT!!! Yea me!! I waited like you said. Paid off my Discover and when I got up this morning was notified that my score had gone up to 724 (the highest it's ever been), so I called Citi and told them that I had gotten 3 inquiries removed and asked them to take a look. She came back and told me that I was approved with a $6400 SL!!! I'm so happy!!! Thank you so much for the advice!!!!

Message 6 of 19
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Im2snaz4u wrote:

I GOT IT!!! Yea me!! I waited like you said. Paid off my Discover and when I got up this morning was notified that my score had gone up to 724 (the highest it's ever been), so I called Citi and told them that I had gotten 3 inquiries removed and asked them to take a look. She came back and told me that I was approved with a $6400 SL!!! I'm so happy!!! Thank you so much for the advice!!!!

Congrats on your nice approval ... and patience ... @Im2snaz4u !

You were really still chomping at the bit but glad it worked out for you! 

Timing of applications sometimes can't be overrated and figuring out a longer-term timeline and app'ing strategy can be helpful!  Smiley Happy

Business Cards

Message 7 of 19
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Awesome! Congratulations! 

Message 8 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good job on the recon, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 19
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.