Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander Ultimate Cashback

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Santander Ultimate Cashback

I pulled the lever for the new Santander Ultimate Cashback card, got approved for 9k.

Probably shouldn't have applied but couldn't resist a 1.5% cashback card which also has no balance transfer fees, no cash advance fees, and no foreign transaction fees.... a pretty rare bird in my book.

They pulled EX. I had lots of inquiries and new accounts.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

13 REPLIES 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Santander Ultimate Cashback

You have such an uncanny knack SouthJamaica for continous approval strings.

Congrats on this newest one. $9K SL out of the gate is not too shabby at all when you add with it those other benefits that come along.

Message 2 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congrats on this newest one. $9K SL out of the gate is not too shabby at all when you add with it those other benefits that come along.

I have an equally impressive denial string Smiley Happy Especially from credit unions, who don't seem to like my approval string Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations but be careful on those Barclay cards you have -- they're infamous for major credit line decreases for people with a lot of inquiries and new accounts.

Message 4 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Put your strings together you just might create the Big Bang TheorySmiley Wink

Congrats SJSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations but be careful on those Barclay cards you have -- they're infamous for major credit line decreases for people with a lot of inquiries and new accounts.

That hangs over my head; I specifically thought, with this card, that I hope this one isn't the straw that breaks Barclay's back and gets them to pull the plug on me. Because I do love that Ring card, and have become very fond of the JetBlue card.

I try to stay out of Barclay's hair, and off their radar, and throw them bones from time to time -- like charging some purchases on the Ring card even though it has no rewards Smiley Happy

And I pray that they will let me be Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, SJ! Yet another in the win column! Your successes are amazing! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I have an equally impressive denial string Smiley Happy Especially from credit unions, who don't seem to like my approval string Smiley Happy

We should compare CU denial notes sometime, I feel the same way.  Congrats on the approval!

Message 8 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

We should compare CU denial notes sometime, I feel the same way.  Congrats on the approval!

Many credit unions have denied me for PLOCs and credit cards because I have too much credit.

Message 9 of 14
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats, SJ! Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.