Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Comenity Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Successful Comenity Recon

I've had my Express card for nearly a year and haven't been able to get a CLI until today. I tried a few weeks ago with the LUV button and it denied me. I got my letter today in the mail and it said they were using a credit report from January. Since January I've significantly paid down my credit cards to about 11% utilization. My Express card has rarely had a balance on it. 

I've read through the forums that people don't have success with reconsiderations for Comenity. Figured I'd give it a shot anyways. 

I called the number on the letter I received and explained to the lady how I've been a good customer, always paying on time, and how I would love to use my card more but I can't because Express has higher priced clothing and $250 simply isn't enough to get a good shopping trip in. She understood and she was able to refresh my credit report to a new one from today! I was approved for a $200 credit limit increase. It wasn't much but it was something, which is a lot more than I've been getting from them. After I hung up the phone, I went online and hit the LUV button, as I've seen people say they hit it multiple times with comenity to get a MAX increase. I was given another $200. I tried again and got the 7-10 day message. 

Just figured I'd share so that people know RECON'S with Comenity are possible. If they are pulling an old report for your CLI's just give them a call and see if they will pull an updated one. Thus far I've not received any alerts on my credit monitoring sites for a new hard pull. Complete success! 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Successful Comenity Recon

The doors opened for me on this card after about nine months.  This is the typical time line for this card.  I have used this card to the max.  I started out with 250 and now currently at 2650.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increases!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to other posters on myFICO, calling in for a CLI with Comenity can trigger a review of your accounts and credit reports, and possibly lead to adverse action such as the closing of your accounts with them.

Just something to keep in mind.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Let's not spread too much paranoia. Yes, the shutdowns are unfortunate, but it's not like calling for a CLI just leads to a random shutdown. Remember, there's always a reason for adverse action, be it too many new accounts, high balances, etc.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are Comenity CLI's HP or SP?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Are Comenity CLI's HP or SP?

They are soft pulls. 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

According to other posters on myFICO, calling in for a CLI with Comenity can trigger a review of your accounts and credit reports, and possibly lead to adverse action such as the closing of your accounts with them.

Just something to keep in mind.  Smiley Wink

+1. Best not to contact them if you don't have to based on what others have experienced. It can potentially be like poking a sleeping bear. Smiley Happy

Congratulations on your increase, OP! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats OP !!   Last month i got my first CL! ( luv button ) on my HSN card.  After reading how you got your approval and went back afterwards and hit the luv button for more, i hit the luv button on my HSN card and just got a $200 kiss.  THANKYOU

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success !!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.