Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony CLIs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony CLIs

3 years ago I had 8 Synchrony cards and got the dreaded blue envelope. I paid them off and closed them all out. Now 3 years later I have only 3 and today was cli heaven
Marvel from $5k to $6k
Care credit from $9k to $12k
Care care from 1500 to $3k.
I’m sticking with only those, I don’t need anymore blue envelopes coming my way! That puts me at $153k in total credit after BK7 in 2015.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony CLIs

Congrats on your increases!!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!
Message 3 of 12
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
3 years ago I had 8 Synchrony cards and got the dreaded blue envelope. I paid them off and closed them all out. Now 3 years later I have only 3 and today was cli heaven
Marvel from $5k to $6k
Care credit from $9k to $12k
Care care from 1500 to $3k.
I’m sticking with only those, I don’t need anymore blue envelopes coming my way! That puts me at $153k in total credit after BK7 in 2015.

Congratulations on those nice increases! Well Done! I have heard of the Blue Envelope. Its been a while though....what is it again exactly? For Synchrony I have the JCP, Chevron, Paypal credit (BML) and the new Synch 2% CB MC cards. I keep usage very low and generally PIF. But yes I'm curious about the envelope. Thanks! 

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 4 of 12
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Do you think it has anything to do with them switching over to Vantage 4 Scores?!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also unclear about the blue envelope

Message 6 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on yer Synch CLI'sSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats

Congrats

and

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blue envelope of death was Synchrony closing down cards. It seems they let you get as many cards as you want (they have over a hundred) and then every so often they review  files (may be manual may be risk software triggered) and start shutting down cards. Most lenders will stop you from getting too many of their cards up front. Placing hard caps in the software that will deny you usually without a hard pull.

There have not been a lot of reports about this lately so perhaps Synchrony started putting caps in place up front like most of lenders.

*they sent the shut down notice in a blue envelope.

Message 9 of 12
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

A silly question:

Was the entire envelope blue, or just the identification stripe at the top?  (They have yellow and red as well)

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.