cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TD Double Up Card Approval $15,000

firefox100
Established Contributor

Re: TD Double Up Card Approval $15,000


@crockbottom wrote:

my reported income is 60k, self employed. i have a checking and savings with them which matches that income through mobile deposits. my TD cash card only has a $4000 limit and hasn't been charged on since october once the SUB was met. i wasn't putting a lot of stock in TD for the SL on the Double Up but was feeling a little loopy while putting my son down for a nap and went for it. I did talk to another member on here who got a crazy small SL on this card whose income was much much higher than mine. i'm not sure what TD is looking at tbh. completely stumped. card hasn't arrived yet, but it does show up on my mobile banking now. 


 

Thank you for the information, your limit is 25% of your income. When I got the Visa cash credit card from TD bank my income was 80K at the time they gave me 14K. What I don't like about is TD bank is you can not do recon with doing a complete application and hard pull. What now I have been holding off applying for new cards, because I want to get couple more credit increases from Us bank. I have two cards with them cash+ with 24.5K limit and Altitude go visa with 15K limit and US bank gives cli's with soft most of time and they do not like credit  ininquires or go after lot mew accounts all so I have Wells fargo Propel card with 23K limit and Wfc grants cli's with soft pulls want to get this card to limit of 25K. If I can hold to August with out applying for any new credit then I am going to go after credit increases then go for couple new cards like Venmo visa and Amex cards, may not get approved because I burnt Amex over 20 years ago at some point will go for the TD double up card. enjoy your new card.

Message 21 of 30
crockbottom
Established Member

Re: TD Double Up Card Approval $15,000

i am definitely not the expert here as many others are, but if those cards are working for you now i see no reason to go after TD on this one yet. im sure TD will stick with the 0% for 15 months offer for a while and the 3 month spend SUB will probably increase. i do have a few Amex and am extremely happy with them all around. top notch service and all around great SUBs. i'm a strict transactor who keeps all utilization at 0-1% at all times but i need to learn from your restraint for sure. having 9 new accounts in the last 2 years is a bit much over here lol. time to spend a long in the garden. that Venmo card does look great especially with its room to grow SL's quickly. 

Message 22 of 30
firefox100
Established Contributor

Re: TD Double Up Card Approval $15,000


@crockbottom wrote:

i am definitely not the expert here as many others are, but if those cards are working for you now i see no reason to go after TD on this one yet. im sure TD will stick with the 0% for 15 months offer for a while and the 3 month spend SUB will probably increase. i do have a few Amex and am extremely happy with them all around. top notch service and all around great SUBs. i'm a strict transactor who keeps all utilization at 0-1% at all times but i need to learn from your restraint for sure. having 9 new accounts in the last 2 years is a bit much over here lol. time to spend a long in the garden. that Venmo card does look great especially with its room to grow SL's quickly. 


Thank you , yes your right I do not need to go after the TD bank Double up card at this time have 18 active cards with total credit limit of 230K limits and ul of 0% total out standing balance on all card is les then 700 dollars.

Message 23 of 30
firefox100
Established Contributor

Re: TD Double Up Card Approval $15,000


@firefox100 wrote:

@crockbottom wrote:

i am definitely not the expert here as many others are, but if those cards are working for you now i see no reason to go after TD on this one yet. im sure TD will stick with the 0% for 15 months offer for a while and the 3 month spend SUB will probably increase. i do have a few Amex and am extremely happy with them all around. top notch service and all around great SUBs. i'm a strict transactor who keeps all utilization at 0-1% at all times but i need to learn from your restraint for sure. having 9 new accounts in the last 2 years is a bit much over here lol. time to spend a long in the garden. that Venmo card does look great especially with its room to grow SL's quickly. 


Thank you , yes your right I do not need to go after the TD bank Double up card at this time have 18 active cards with total credit limit of 230K limits and ul of 0% total out standing balance on all card is les then 700 dollars.


 

Just another thing the credit application and new card was  last july when I open the altitude go visa Transunion has 1 inquiry from last year of August of 2019 for the Apple card by gs and experian has 2 inquiries both from USbank oldest inquiry is from August of 2019. At the end of the summer I will only have one Inquiry left on Experian. My fico scores are over 800, yes it is hard to not apply for new cards. another thing most of 2020 Citi double cash would not grant credit increase because I had to many balances and inquiries then at end of year they gave in and gave 2K increase.

Message 24 of 30
PandaGirl77
New Contributor

Re: TD Double Up Card Approval $15,000


@crockbottom wrote:

i just applied. i bank with TD (checking and savings, td cash CC i never use) so doubling into my checking seemed attractive. approved for a 15k limit surprisingly. 736 score, 8 inquiries over 12 months, 0% utilization. 


Congratulations! Thank you so much for your post, this is first I've heard about this card.  Similar circumstances, I've had an account relationship with them about 6 years and just got my first mortgage with them in early January.  I too got TD CR around 18 months ago-SL 10K, but like you I stopped using it once my bonuses exhausted.  I am tired of Citi DC, they irritate me in various ways so this sounds like an excellent alternative especially since the plan is to use my convenience checking solely for mortgage payments.  Nervous about inquiries, I'm thinking of calling to explore PC as a possibility then figuring out if they will SP preapproval. Citizens does that readily for their CBP card so I hope TD follows suit. It would be fabulous if I could get this card without a HP! Very excited about the possibility. Again bravo and thank you for sharing!

Message 25 of 30
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Re: TD Double Up Card Approval $15,000

WOOHOO!!! Congrats! 🥳🥳🥳

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 26 of 30
firefox100
Established Contributor

Re: TD Double Up Card Approval $15,000


@PandaGirl77 wrote:

@crockbottom wrote:

i just applied. i bank with TD (checking and savings, td cash CC i never use) so doubling into my checking seemed attractive. approved for a 15k limit surprisingly. 736 score, 8 inquiries over 12 months, 0% utilization. 


Congratulations! Thank you so much for your post, this is first I've heard about this card.  Similar circumstances, I've had an account relationship with them about 6 years and just got my first mortgage with them in early January.  I too got TD CR around 18 months ago-SL 10K, but like you I stopped using it once my bonuses exhausted.  I am tired of Citi DC, they irritate me in various ways so this sounds like an excellent alternative especially since the plan is to use my convenience checking solely for mortgage payments.  Nervous about inquiries, I'm thinking of calling to explore PC as a possibility then figuring out if they will SP preapproval. Citizens does that readily for their CBP card so I hope TD follows suit. It would be fabulous if I could get this card without a HP! Very excited about the possibility. Again bravo and thank you for sharing!


 

Please let us know if you are able to get TD bank to a soft pull on a new TD credit card, I don't think you will be able to get that done. TD bank uses out side customer service operations to handle there credit card operations they are located in Georgia. , I don't like the Citi Double cash card also because you need 25 dollars befor you can redeem the cash. The TD double up card has the same rule min of 25 dollars before you can redeem the cash back into your checking or saving account. The Paypal mastercard does not have minimum to redeem. Also the Paypal mastercard credit increases are soft pulls only.

Message 27 of 30
PandaGirl77
New Contributor

Re: TD Double Up Card Approval $15,000


@firefox100 wrote:

@PandaGirl77 wrote:

@crockbottom wrote:

i just applied. i bank with TD (checking and savings, td cash CC i never use) so doubling into my checking seemed attractive. approved for a 15k limit surprisingly. 736 score, 8 inquiries over 12 months, 0% utilization. 


Congratulations! Thank you so much for your post, this is first I've heard about this card.  Similar circumstances, I've had an account relationship with them about 6 years and just got my first mortgage with them in early January.  I too got TD CR around 18 months ago-SL 10K, but like you I stopped using it once my bonuses exhausted.  I am tired of Citi DC, they irritate me in various ways so this sounds like an excellent alternative especially since the plan is to use my convenience checking solely for mortgage payments.  Nervous about inquiries, I'm thinking of calling to explore PC as a possibility then figuring out if they will SP preapproval. Citizens does that readily for their CBP card so I hope TD follows suit. It would be fabulous if I could get this card without a HP! Very excited about the possibility. Again bravo and thank you for sharing!


 

Please let us know if you are able to get TD bank to a soft pull on a new TD credit card, I don't think you will be able to get that done. TD bank uses out side customer service operations to handle there credit card operations they are located in Georgia. , I don't like the Citi Double cash card also because you need 25 dollars befor you can redeem the cash. The TD double up card has the same rule min of 25 dollars before you can redeem the cash back into your checking or saving account. The Paypal mastercard does not have minimum to redeem. Also the Paypal mastercard credit increases are soft pulls only.


The answer to the SP is a big N-O! See my post about getting a sucker punch from TD this morning after I got excited about DU and called them.  I also dont like minimum redemptions but was willing to accept it for the DU since CB would be going into my TD bank account I'm using to fund my mortgage payments.  Good to know about PayPal's SP on CLI though.

Message 28 of 30
crockbottom
Established Member

Re: TD Double Up Card Approval $15,000

saw your app spree post @PandaGirl77 and congrats! i enjoy a good app spree once a year haha. TD is the king of HP's, and i figure it's only a matter of time before they close my Cash rewards, especially now that i'll be using the Double Up for daily expenses. I really only bank with them because i always have, will most likely move over to DCU in the next year as i'll be buying out my lease most likely and would like to start a relationship with them. I definitely appreciate TD extending credit my way, especially after living with poor credit for most of my adult life, but i definitely don't feel any semblence of personalized service from them anymore (my TD days started with a smaller bank they bought out years and years ago where everyone knew everybody's name and it was like a bad Cheers episode)

Message 29 of 30
PandaGirl77
New Contributor

Re: TD Double Up Card Approval $15,000


@crockbottom wrote:

saw your app spree post @PandaGirl77 and congrats! i enjoy a good app spree once a year haha. TD is the king of HP's, and i figure it's only a matter of time before they close my Cash rewards, especially now that i'll be using the Double Up for daily expenses. I really only bank with them because i always have, will most likely move over to DCU in the next year as i'll be buying out my lease most likely and would like to start a relationship with them. I definitely appreciate TD extending credit my way, especially after living with poor credit for most of my adult life, but i definitely don't feel any semblence of personalized service from them anymore (my TD days started with a smaller bank they bought out years and years ago where everyone knew everybody's name and it was like a bad Cheers episode)


Thank you @crockbottom !! The other cards are definitely just so much more engaging.  Sending out occasional incentives (Freedom- tap 3 purchases for $5, the different offers put out by my AMEX BCE...I tried ordering through Slice for the first time yesterday as a result).  I mean I guess its a cost on the CCCs to do little promotions and stuff but it keeps the customer interested in using the card.  Even though who knows how many people that promo from Chase went out to and the prize is $5 lol, it still feels personalized, like oooo I'm part of this special club.  TD CC is this wallflower in the corner.  Maybe and hopefully it will be different with DU.  PenFed is already really impressing me in that personalized service regard getting me setup.  I opened checking with them as well to get the extra .5% CB to bump it to the full 2%.  Ha... thats funny I never even think about how some of these banks originate and yes, just buying out the little guys right? 

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.