Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target RedCard large(ish) CL increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target RedCard large(ish) CL increase

Hey MFers!

I just received a large CL bump on my RedCard thiis month, from $2.7k -> $7k.   I've had the card since 2016, started at $500 with weekly use and frequent CL bumps the first couple years, but they were all $200-$300 each until now.  Such a deviation from tiny bumps to one large one has me hoping an upgrade to MC may be in the mail.  All those small increases were between 2016-2018.  It's been >2 years since my last CLI until this month.

Wondering if any of you who have received the Mastercard conversion/upgrade might have experienced something similar?  A large CLI at the time of conversion?

Anyone else receive a large RedCard CLI this month, even without MC conversion?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Target RedCard large(ish) CL increase

Congrats on the increase.  I've had the card for over a year now and haven't received a single increase.

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 2 of 27
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey MFers!

I just received a large CL bump on my RedCard thiis month, from $2.7k -> $7k.   I've had the card since 2016, started at $500 with weekly use and frequent CL bumps the first couple years, but they were all $200-$300 each until now.  Such a deviation from tiny bumps to one large one has me hoping an upgrade to MC may be in the mail.  All those small increases were between 2016-2018.  It's been >2 years since my last CL until this month.

Wondering if any of you who have received the Mastercard conversion/upgrade might have experienced something similar?  A large CL at the time of conversion?

Anyone else receive a large RedCard CL this month, even without MC conversion?

Thanks!

Congrats on your big increase. Usually if your limit goes above $4000 then the MasterCard conversion is concurrent.

Message 3 of 27
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the increase.  From what I've read on here, a increase that large usually comes with the conversion letter that will arrive in the mail for you.  Great work!!

Message 4 of 27
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

👍 💥 ... that is definitely a large(ish) CLI... 

For target... yes...  💥

Super Congratulations!💥

20200916_075754.gif

Message 5 of 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 6 of 27
Andypanda
Established Contributor

@Conceptual23 wrote:

Congrats on the increase.  I've had the card for over a year now and haven't received a single increase.

Got you beat, I've had the card for 2 and a half years, and still at original $300 cl.

congrats to OP.

Message 7 of 27
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey MFers!

I just received a large CL bump on my RedCard thiis month, from $2.7k -> $7k.   I've had the card since 2016, started at $500 with weekly use and frequent CL bumps the first couple years, but they were all $200-$300 each until now.  Such a deviation from tiny bumps to one large one has me hoping an upgrade to MC may be in the mail.  All those small increases were between 2016-2018.  It's been >2 years since my last CL until this month.

Wondering if any of you who have received the Mastercard conversion/upgrade might have experienced something similar?  A large CL at the time of conversion?

Anyone else receive a large RedCard CL this month, even without MC conversion?

Thanks!

It's very possible an upgrade is coming. Look for letter at end of month. It will tell you that new card should come in March.

This is what happened with me last January. From $2.5k to $9k.

Congrats on CLI!!! Good luck!!

Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 27
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 9 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet, quite a large CLI for the card Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.