Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Redcard Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Redcard Approved

Approved for the Target Redcard with a massive $300 CL. Haven't gotten any alerts, but I think they pulled EQ. Initially got the 7-10 day message online, called and was told just needed some verification and I was approved. Kind of hard to take advantage of the 5% discount with such a small CL. Hopefully after 6 months of purchases and PIF, it will grow. Now off to the garden for a few months before I go after the USAA Limitless!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Redcard Approved

Congrats! dont worry it will grow.  mine went from $300 to $700 to $1200 in 6 months.  with my scores. leave a small balance every now and then, and update your income on their site.    when you update your income, you will be up for a cli review. 

Message 2 of 25
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved for the Target Redcard with a massive $300 CL. Haven't gotten any alerts, but I think they pulled EQ. Initially got the 7-10 day message online, called and was told just needed some verification and I was approved. Kind of hard to take advantage of the 5% discount with such a small CL. Hopefully after 6 months of purchases and PIF, it will grow. Now off to the garden for a few months before I go after the USAA Limitless!

Congratulations! Take care of that card and it will grow! Mine started at $250 and it is now at $2200 and it is only one year and 2 months old. All increases were Auto CLI.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval.
Message 4 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on the new Target card. Your in and thats most important. Target has been unlesshing the dogs of war on cli for almost everyone so you probably have a real diamond in the ruff. EnjoySmiley Happy

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! I did confirm they pulled EQ. Do most of you that use the Redcard PIF or leave a small balance?

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my card since March of this year. Started with a 300.00 limit. I put a whopping 19.00 on it total and paid in full when the bill came. Lol. But they just upped me to 800.00 a couple weeks ago on their own.

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

Kinda off topic here, but how do Target's debit and credit cards compare? I have the debit one and I heard it functions pretty much like the credit one with the 5% off discount every time.

Message 8 of 25
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Not a fan of the debit. I have it but it takes a while to draft from checking.

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 9 of 25
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval!

Kinda off topic here, but how do Target's debit and credit cards compare? I have the debit one and I heard it functions pretty much like the credit one with the 5% off discount every time.

The debit card from Target functions exactly the same.....you still get free shipping and 5%.....the money is just debited from your account.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.