Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks guys! App spree successful!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys! App spree successful!

Hello there! I have been working on my credit for a while now.... came on here to do some research and decided to do a app spree as i felt it needed! I was not sure of fico 8 score but CK and capital one app both said 760 and my AaoA is 2 years, 0 inquires in last 24 months, 3600 total in 3 cards currently,  3% utilization and 100% on time payments.... Im currently going through a legal name change(marriage) and didnt realize it would affect me but i feel i still did well! Here is what i got! 

AMEX BCED CL $1900

Lowes Advantage CL $1500

Citi Rewards + CL $6200

Capital One QS CL $3000

Chase Sapphire Preferred CL $5000

I also went for a Discover and a WF card but got a 7-10 day saying.... along with Costco, Amazon, and Bestbuy but i feel i got the denial based off the name i was trying to use (new) .... as i found out once got my first denial and switched to maiden name which mail in offers matched.... What i find weird is amex and lowes both took my new married name before i got my first denial with discover then i went to maiden name and mail in offers for citi and chase and had a rinky dink $600 cap1 card so i tried for a second and got the Cap1 QS!!!

I feel even if i cant get any of the denials reversed/turnedover I am very happy with going from the 3.6k and 3 cards i had to the 20k and 8 cards i will have!!! Plan is to keep utilization between 1-5% always pay on time and garden for another 24 months! Not bad for my first try!!!

Thanks again to everyone i lurked on!!! lol

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Thanks guys! App spree successful!

Congratulations on your approvals!

Message 2 of 24
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!!

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome! Congrats on your approvals! 🥳

Message 4 of 24
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

Welcome aboard and congrats on your approvals.

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all of those approvals!

Just a word of caution though, all of the scores you mentioned were VS3 and not Fico, so just be careful with that going forward. 

Message 6 of 24
firehawk73
Valued Member

Congratz on the approval spree!!

Message 7 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good run of cards there, grats to all your success and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 24
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 9 of 24
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.