Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Disco CLI in three months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Third Disco CLI in three months

Well this is interesting.

My statement usually cuts on my Chrome on the 27th of the month. The last two months it has cut, I made my payment, and asked for an increase, and was granted an AJC Special. Yesterday being the 27th, my statement hadn't cut but I tried anyway and was told no. This morning the statement cut. I paid it and then figured, why not? Asked and was again offered $500 for the third month in a row. Works for me. 

This card started at $1250 in the fall of 2019. It's now at $3000 with a $250 CLI last December, and now three straight $500 bumps the last two months and today. And yet for the life of me I can't get anything on my ITCash lol. But there is growth to be had with Disco still.

Anyhow, I wanted to share the pattern of statement cut, payment of the bill, and subsequent CLI in case anyone else wants to try. Hopefully it'll work for you too!

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: Third Disco CLI in three months

CONGRATS on getting a AJC Special CLI for each of your last 3 DISCOVER Chrome statements and Thanks for the DPs!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 33
lyTENciL
Regular Contributor

Nicely done! Did you open the card in September 2019 by chance? Had you tried for CLI before your October 2020 statement?

FICO (12/22): EX8 838. TU8 826. EQ9 837.
Profile: Clean/thick/aged/new. Revolvers: 7 open, 1 closed. 1 Install.
AoOA/RA 20y. AAoA 4.5y. AoYA/RA 6m. TCL $128.3K.
Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lyTENciL wrote:

Nicely done! Did you open the card in September 2019 by chance? Had you tried for CLI before your October 2020 statement?

Yes that is when I opened it at $1250. December 2019 I got a small bump to $1500, then Covid hit and Disco clamped down, saying no CLIs until an account is a year old. I got nothing further until October of this year after my 12th statement cut. I tried at month 12 but was denied. After statement 12 I got it. Apparently their definition of a year old is per the number of statements, not the number of months.

Message 4 of 33
lyTENciL
Regular Contributor

Did you try in October before your statement? One rep told me day one of 13th month, which I took to be calendar months but statements would make more sense. I'm going to give it a shot Feb 1, and try weekly until my 13th statement cuts.

Anyway, thanks for dps. $1500 in three cycles ain't too shabby!

FICO (12/22): EX8 838. TU8 826. EQ9 837.
Profile: Clean/thick/aged/new. Revolvers: 7 open, 1 closed. 1 Install.
AoOA/RA 20y. AAoA 4.5y. AoYA/RA 6m. TCL $128.3K.
Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome and I agree, that three cycle round of increases doubled my limit. I'm not mad. I would say to try the day that full statement number 12 cuts. I did not try it early in October - I decided to do it when I paid my bill the day the statement cut. If your first one was a partial statement, it may not work but you have nothing to lose by trying since it's a SP. Good luck with it!

Message 6 of 33
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

Nice, congrats on the CLI

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 7 of 33
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 8 of 33
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Message 9 of 33
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your continued success with Disco Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.