Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Visa??? Anyone have this card???

tag
Mzjedwards1
Valued Member

Total Visa??? Anyone have this card???

I was approved for A Total Visa with a 300$ credit line. Anxious to rebuild, I accepted. Just wondering if anyone has any info on this card/company. This is a different card from Total Rewards Visa. I have paid out 100$ in app fees so far, but im ok with that for now. CK is showing high 600 scores and good chance with Capital One cards but so far all ive gotten with them is a secured card and some inquiries... appreciate any insight... thanks in advance

Garden Club Member" width="40" height="40" align="right">
Credit One Platinum $450 / Capital One Platinum: $500 / Wells Fargo Platinum: $300 /Kohls $300/ Fingerhut $500/ Total Visa $300/ Express $250/Quicksilver 500/Best Buy Visa 2000
621 Exp/675 TU/ 624 EQ.....Gardening until.........2018??
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Re: Total Visa??? Anyone have this card???

Only you can make that decision if its a good card or not for you. Way way back in the day like 8 years ago I had a card from them and 1st premier. The fees killed me and it seemed ridiculous to pay those fees when (if you can?) qualify for a capital 1secured card you atleast get your deposit back. Since you do now have it, I would use it until you get into a cap1 or maybe a Barclay card like Apple.You might want to try also a prequalify for Credit one (not Cap1) I had one of their cards for 1 year and there was no upfront fees.  Also make your payment way ahead of time also and use it for small 5 dollar purchase.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 13
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Actually I'm sorry you have Cap1 nd Credit one along with Wells fargo.. Why would you have applied for that predator card? See if you can cancel it? You didnt need them you have it perfect right now.. Just need to wait 6-9 months.

Message 3 of 13
Mzjedwards1
Valued Member

Thanks everyone for the info. I think I was excited to get another card. Its been so rough to rebuild. I think ill rethink this one. 

Garden Club Member" width="40" height="40" align="right">
Credit One Platinum $450 / Capital One Platinum: $500 / Wells Fargo Platinum: $300 /Kohls $300/ Fingerhut $500/ Total Visa $300/ Express $250/Quicksilver 500/Best Buy Visa 2000
621 Exp/675 TU/ 624 EQ.....Gardening until.........2018??
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mzjedwards1 wrote:

I was approved for A Total Visa with a 300$ credit line. Anxious to rebuild, I accepted. Just wondering if anyone has any info on this card/company. This is a different card from Total Rewards Visa. I have paid out 100$ in app fees so far, but im ok with that for now. CK is showing high 600 scores and good chance with Capital One cards but so far all ive gotten with them is a secured card and some inquiries... appreciate any insight... thanks in advance

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley WinkSmiley Wink

Message 5 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good move to think it over, and also just an fyi, never put any faith into what CK says you can get approved for.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 13
yoyo
Established Contributor

Did you try creditone??? I believe their fees are less.
Message 7 of 13
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

I have seen many people with it on here, maybe they will chim in ..Congrats on the approval for the card.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the card and I have had no problems with it. Yes I paid the fee upfront but everything has been cool so far. Customer service is good. I make a payment and it post the next day. No interest because I pay in full if I charge something. I would say keep it for 6 months and close it. That's my plan.
Message 9 of 13
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/New-Total-Rewards-Visa-from-Comenity-Bank/m-p/...

check out this thread

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.