Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Approval & SL Recon Success!

tag
SarahJo
Established Contributor

Uber Approval & SL Recon Success!

Hello all :-)

I hopped the garden fence to app for the Uber Visa.  It was killing me to earn just 2% back on restaurants, etc. after Discover's 5% last quarter.  I apped on 11/20 and was given the 7-10 day message.  After reading many of the posts here, I called right after the app to see if some sort of identity confirmation was needed.  

I've never worked with Barclays before, and will say to have someone pick up right away AND from the states ready to help is quite nice.  I was transferred and a gentleman asked a few simple ID questions, et voila! Approved with a whopping...$500 SL.  I ask about a higher limit as I would like to use the card for travel.  He stated with my current limits he would suggest calling the day I got my card to request a CLI then.

I received the card today, holy smokes that was fast.  Called straight away (866-205-5973).  A nice gentleman answered and said that he would be happy to look further to see if I'm eligible for a CLI and asked how much I wanted.  I was a little caught off guard but said at least $5000.  He asked some questions about my income and credit profile and poof, approved for a now $5000 SL!!! Not too shabby of a recon especially for that card if you ask me ;-)  Cheers!

EDIT:  For an additional DP, the fella said that since the CLI was requested within 30 days of the initial HP, the recon was a SP. 

EDIT II: 16.99% APR

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uber Approval & SL Recon Success!

Congrats.  Thats a very succesfull recon call!  Cheers

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

SarahJo ... great recon and follow back. Glad you came to the MyFico Board. Hope you learn many useful things ... I sure did!
Message 3 of 14
SarahJo
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats.  Thats a very succesfull recon call!  Cheers

It is my first successful recon to boot, haha. 

Message 4 of 14
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and recon!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new Uber Visa! Great job with the recon! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SarahJo wrote:

Hello all :-)

I hopped the garden fence to app for the Uber Visa.  It was killing me to earn just 2% back on restaurants, etc. after Discover's 5% last quarter.  I apped on 11/20 and was given the 7-10 day message.  After reading many of the posts here, I called right after the app to see if some sort of identity confirmation was needed.  

I've never worked with Barclays before, and will say to have someone pick up right away AND from the states ready to help is quite nice.  I was transferred and a gentleman asked a few simple ID questions, et voila! Approved with a whopping...$500 SL.  I ask about a higher limit as I would like to use the card for travel.  He stated with my current limits he would suggest calling the day I got my card to request a CLI then.

I received the card today, holy smokes that was fast.  Called straight away (866-205-5973).  A nice gentleman answered and said that he would be happy to look further to see if I'm eligible for a CLI and asked how much I wanted.  I was a little caught off guard but said at least $5000.  He asked some questions about my income and credit profile and poof, approved for a now $5000 SL!!! Not too shabby of a recon especially for that card if you ask me ;-)  Cheers!

EDIT:  For an additional DP, the fella said that since the CLI was requested within 30 days of the initial HP, the recon was a SP. 

Congrats on the card and CLI...

Message 7 of 14
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! What is your AAOA? Had you opened any other accounts recently? I really want this card but I don't want to get started with a $500 limit. I see a lot of that here.

Message 8 of 14
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Glad they gave you a larger limit. Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 14
SarahJo
Established Contributor

wrote:

Congrats! What is your AAOA? Had you opened any other accounts recently? I really want this card but I don't want to get started with a $500 limit. I see a lot of that here.

AAOA is 2 years 8 months, no inq's on TU, which is what they pulled right away.  The most recent account was my EX pull for DU 2 months ago. 

Edit: DU account age, whoops!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.