cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Approved *** Should I request AMEX 3X CLI or not (61 days passed)?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update Approved *** Should I request AMEX 3X CLI or not (61 days passed)?

Have had Amex ED for 63 days now! I am contemplating If I should request for CLI or not. I did receive an email from them during my first week of opening account stating report a small balance for 5 months and receive auto CLI. But people on the forum mentioned about 61days CLI so I am tempted now.

SL of my ED is 1000$ now thinking of requesting maybe 3000$ but also indecisive cause I don't need it.  

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I request AMEX 3X CLI or not (61 days passed)?

If you received an email from Amex stating conditions you need to meet to get an auto-CLI its highly unlikely you will get one at the 61-day mark.  Typically those who get that email don't get a CLI until after 180 days.  

Did the email look like this?

credit steps.png

Message 2 of 26
Caught750
Valued Contributor

There are DPs where people have gotten that email and a 61 day CLI. It is worth trying as even if denied you'll be able to ask in 91 days. You could try now and if denied you'll still be eligible right after the auto CLI.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you received an email from Amex stating conditions you need to meet to get an auto-CLI its highly unlikely you will get one at the 61-day mark.  Typically those who get that email don't get a CLI until after 180 days.  

credit steps.png

Yes, this is the exact email I got. So I believe its better to hold it for 3 months I suppose.

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

credit steps.png

Yes, this is the exact email I got. So I believe its better to hold it for 3 months I suppose.

Although in my opinion its unlikely you will get a CLI, there's no harm in trying.  If Amex denies your request they will send you an email asking you to call them.  If you call they will simply tell you that you applied for a CLI too early.  But if a denial occurs, it will not reset the clock so you will still be eligible for a CLI at the originally scheduled date.

If I were you I would make the request and see what happens.

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

credit steps.png

Although in my opinion its unlikely you will get a CLI, there's no harm in trying.  If Amex denies your request they will send you an email asking you to call them.  If you call they will simply tell you that you applied for a CLI too early.  But if a denial occurs, it will not reset the clock so you will still be eligible for a CLI at the originally scheduled date.  If I were you I would do the request and see what happens.

Thank you for your input. I always thought denial means resetting the clock.  If that's the case I mean technically I lose nothing. 

Message 6 of 26
Caught750
Valued Contributor

A denial for credit reasons resets the clock for 91 days. A denial for asking too early does nothing. An approval resets the clock for 181 days.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.JPG

The success story was approved instantly. Thank you @MaizeandBlue Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 26
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI.  Now set your calendar to hit them up for another 3X CLI in 181 days.

Are the FICO 8 scores in your signatue correct?

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.