Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from capital one platinum to quicksilver

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrade from capital one platinum to quicksilver

This is my first post here but I'm hoping someone has an answer for me.. Oct 2018 I applied for capital one unsecured MasterCard and was approved for $300 CL. 3 months later, I requested CLI and was granted additional $100. Current line $400. I also applied for quick silver one & was given $500 CL.
Just today, I was offered an upgrade from the platinum MasterCard to the regular quicksilver. How is it an upgrade though if the terms essentially stay the same? So now I have quick silver & quick silver one.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Upgrade from capital one platinum to quicksilver

@Anonymous wrote:
This is my first post here but I'm hoping someone has an answer for me.. Oct 2018 I applied for capital one unsecured MasterCard and was approved for $300 CL. 3 months later, I requested CLI and was granted additional $100. Current line $400. I also applied for quick silver one & was given $500 CL.
Just today, I was offered an upgrade from the platinum MasterCard to the regular quicksilver. How is it an upgrade though if the terms essentially stay the same? So now I have quick silver & quick silver one.

It's an upgrade because now you get cash back on former Platinum card. 

Before upgrade, you got nothing if you used it 

Message 2 of 4
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

How can I request a upgrade from my QS to Savor?.

And congrats OP!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Cap1 plat PC, OP! The QS is still a "platinum card" except, you earn 1.5% back now. Good luck with CLI. I had my Plat about 11mo and saw a thread about a PC. I didn't even know you could do that! Clicked the link and upgrade to QS came up too.That's why these forums are so great. My SL started at $300 got an auto CLI to $500 at 5mo. No luv since then. Look for any of the "Cap1 Bucket" threads. They'll help you understand the CL or lack of CL by Cap1.

@Creditplz, I'm sure you know this, but just in case you don't. You can use this link to see if an upgrade is available:
https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

I'm not sure, as I have not tried it yet, but you could probably call a cap1 CSR and try for an upgrade as well. Good luck!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.