Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded JCP MC too??? Who knew?

tag
dk2003
Regular Contributor

Upgraded JCP MC too??? Who knew?

I dont know that I've ever seen anyone 😳 say they can't wait to get a JCP Mastercard 🤷🏿‍♂️

3 months ago, I got snail mail advising that Target card would be upgraded in September! That just arrived this week. I kinda forgot about it...

My mom lives in my house in Texas. I was visiting this weekend and as I gassed up to leave, she called and said I had mail. Lo and behold, it was a full upgraded card in the mail, with coupons and all kinds of stuff. I haven't received any emails or anything so this was a shock. And they increased the limit by $750. Another shock. Its been at least 2 years since I've used the card. Before moving, we purchased a crazy expensive Kosher refrigerator and I went on a few clothes shopping sprees so 😅 about $900 left to pay off. I know, 2 years?? The Jcp Mc seems to have pretty decent perks but that APR is sickening... 

Anybody else w jcp mc??? 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: Upgraded JCP MC too??? Who knew?

Congrats on the upgrade!

Message 2 of 15
dk2003
Regular Contributor

We used to be able to edit a post. Ive been trying to find it for a while now. 

750's average credit score 

New limit $5750

Message 3 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@dk2003 wrote:

We used to be able to edit a post. Ive been trying to find it for a while now. 

750's average credit score 

New limit $5750

Congratulations !!!

Message 4 of 15
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your JCP CLI and product upgrade!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 15
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your JCP approval!! 👏🏼🎉🍾

Message 6 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI and card upgrade!

Message 7 of 15
Sub16610
Established Contributor

Congrats on your upgrade!

Message 8 of 15
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 on the upgrade.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 9 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@dk2003 wrote:

I dont know that I've ever seen anyone 😳 say they can't wait to get a JCP Mastercard 🤷🏿‍♂️

3 months ago, I got snail mail advising that Target card would be upgraded in September! That just arrived this week. I kinda forgot about it...

My mom lives in my house in Texas. I was visiting this weekend and as I gassed up to leave, she called and said I had mail. Lo and behold, it was a full upgraded card in the mail, with coupons and all kinds of stuff. I haven't received any emails or anything so this was a shock. And they increased the limit by $750. Another shock. Its been at least 2 years since I've used the card. Before moving, we purchased a crazy expensive Kosher refrigerator and I went on a few clothes shopping sprees so 😅 about $900 left to pay off. I know, 2 years?? The Jcp Mc seems to have pretty decent perks but that APR is sickening... 

Anybody else w jcp mc??? 

Congrats on the JCPenney MC upgrade and CLI.  Just keep in mind that the JCP MC will report as a new account and the store version will be closed -- if that matters to you.

Edit:

@dk2003- a couple recent developments (10/14) have been reported by other members that mentioned SYNCB has changed their reporting methodology. So, it appears that with the upgrade it is no longer going to report as 2 separate tradelines and the history will carry over. Definitely check your reports to confirm.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.